When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang.
The Marketing Team is responsible for driving customer acquisition, engagement (frequency and share of wallet) and customer retention to create customer lifetime value. We do this by developing marketing strategies and programs to build awareness, create demand, optimise traffic, and continually improve our brand experience customers to deliver growth for the business.
We apply research, analyse performance metrics, and provide product and industry expertise and understanding of customer behaviour to inform and refine the business’ marketing strategy and execution. We apply customer-centric methodologies to improve our brand experience for customers. And drive operational excellence by measuring efficiency and effectiveness of activities
What you’ll be doing
This newly created role will work at the forefront of consumer marketing measurement to generate insights, suggest campaign designs & optimisation and tactics, supporting all marketing disciplines across all paid and owned channels. More importantly, this role will co-champion the adoption of ‘insights informed and measurable’ marketing approach across key functions at Deliveroo Hong Kong.
- You will design and implement qualitative and quantitative research to draw insights about our customers.
- You will measure marketing campaign, customer, and traffic-channel data using existing measurement tools and influence the development of new reporting tools to gain better insight into campaign results, channel results and customer behavior.
- You will define testing methodologies and evaluate marketing performance across multiple programs or channels.
- You will dive deep into raw data, organize and analyse it, and drives actionable insights and concise recommendations to increase the efficiency of our marketing spend working closely with the channel teams on campaign optimization.
- You will own the maintenance & update of existing/ ongoing metrics and creating new metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key marketing decisions.
- You will guide and educate internal teams on marketing measurement and improve their understanding of customer behavior and engagement.
- You will also work with HQ Data Engineering and Business Intelligence teams to set up the right data structure and design tracking model for new frameworks and metrics, to quantify the downstream value of customer engagement.
Skills you'll need:
- Experience in marketing analytics in a big data environment, preferably in a high-growth, fast paced technology/ start-up/ eCommerce company
- Experience in market and consumer research, designing, implementing and drawing insights from qualitative and quantitative studies on large marketing databases and external data sources and experience working with building scalable reporting
- You'll be comfortable influencing and leading external stakeholders as well as internal teams
- Entrepreneurial mindset, ability to articulate new ideas and influence others to gain support
- Collaborative nature, with a passion for building strong relationships
- You'll be creative and resourceful along with being an analytical problem-solver
- Fluent Cantonese & English speaker
- BIG Friday lunches - Deliveroo'd to the office of course!
- Deliveroo PLUS – never pay the delivery fee when you order food!
- Standard health and dental insurance coverage
- Monthly exercise subsidy
- Abundance of great online learning courses delivered by global universities
- Have a real impact on the Company's growth and evolution
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- Mobility laterally or upwards within the company – show us you love what you do and are good at it, and we’ll notice!
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start- ups around.