We are looking for a Global Head of Real Estate & Workplace for Deliveroo (across more than 10 countries). The role will sit in the People Team in our HQ office in London and report to the Director of People Operations.
You’ll be responsible for managing our global real estate portfolio, keep our offices running smoothly and ensure we’re compliant in every market. As a strategic partner in the company, we’ll expect you to align our real estate portfolio with business’ needs, lead and establish global process for a global workplace facilities team and manage senior stakeholders in the business.
We put our People at the centre of everything we do, and believe that employees’ experience at the workplace has a big impact on Deliveroo’s success. As one of the world’s fastest growing companies on the road to an IPO, we have a unique opportunity to create and tell one of the most compelling stories yet, with Deliveroo’s the right candidate playing a key role in it.
- Oversee a highly driven group of real estate and workplace operations teams across EMEA and APAC.
- Define and manage real estate capital spend and operating budget, setting and delivering on annual budgets.
- Full cycle leadership of our global real estate portfolio including, strategy, transactions, capital projects and operational management
- Develop a global workplace strategy that aligns with the business, and caters to local market needs
- Lead optimization of workspaces to increase efficiency and quality using data-driven decision making
- Cost-effectively manage perks and amenities that have a big impact on retaining employees.
- Primary point of contact for internal clients and stakeholders, responsible for building trust and open communication channels.
- Understand the unique Deliveroo culture and ensure the workplace plans reflect that culture.
- Drive global policy, standards, and process to guide behaviors, control cost, minimize risk, and ensure operational consistency
- Develop other aspects of facilities such as health and safety, security, business continuity and insurance
What you'll need
- At least 10 years of experience in corporate real estate management, including the management of an international real estate portfolio, space planning, minor capital projects and facilities management
- Knowledge of Europe and Asia Pacific real estate standards, policies, metrics & best practices
- Experience managing senior stakeholders whilst managing multiple competing interests and priorities
- Experience of leading large, multi disciplinary teams
- Experience of procurement best practice, running complex tenders and supplier selection
- Negotiation experience in all kinds of real estate, construction and facilities contracts
- Comfortable with ambiguity and operate effectively in environments with imperfect information
- Highly self-motivated and able to thrive in an extremely fast-paced and changing environment
- Strong analytical skills; we don’t need an excel whizz but someone who’s good with numbers
- Proven vision, leadership, and critical thinking skills to prioritize evolving initiatives in a fast-paced environment. Ability to translate ideas and capabilities into initiatives that exceed stakeholder expectations
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 7 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 6 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 80,000 riders who deliver orders from 150,000 restaurants in over 300 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allows us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.