When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 14 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
This role sits within the Small-Medium-Business (SMB) team in EU. The team is responsible for signing, onboarding and growing the independent restaurants on Deliveroo’s platform across the EU (FR, IT, ES, NL, BE)
Reporting directly into the Director, SMB EU, we are looking for a Commercial Strategy and Operations Manager to join our SMB team based in Madrid. The primary role of the Commercial Strategy and Operations Manager is to provide strategic and analytical support to the EU SMB, as well as implementing key projects and processes within the team to help drive efficiencies and improve ways of working.
Reporting directly into the Director, your responsibilities will include:
- Data analysis and reporting: data analysis, research deep-dives and regular reporting to drive SMB teams’ performance
- Process efficiency: supporting the roll out of new processes and tools (as well as optimising existing ones) to improve internal efficiency
- Strategy: supporting the Director and functional leads to define, develop and iterate on the EU SMB strategy (e.g. zone prioritisation, resource allocation, lead prioritisation, commission strategy, financial planning etc.)
- Tooling support and training: being the point of contact for the use of internal tools including, but not limited to, Salesforce, Outreach and DocuSign
- Administrative support: cleaning and prioritizing leads, monitoring lead pipelines, and ensuring overall Salesforce hygiene
- Special projects: supporting on the strategy, execution and reporting of special projects and new initiatives, working cross-functionally with stakeholders across the organisation
The ideal candidate is analytical and process-driven with a strong set of organisational and communication skills:
- 3+ years work experience within an analytical or commercial environment
- Analytical, structured and data-driven, with a keen eye for detail
- Strong organisation skills, with the ability to juggle multiple competing priorities
- Proactive “doer” who is able to seek out opportunities to add value independently
- Good communicator and relationship-builder, with the ability to manage cross-functional stakeholders
- Problem-solving lover, with a track record of generating and executing on innovative ideas and solutions
- Proficient in MS Office, G-suit, Looker, Salesforce, Outreach
- Interested in food, restaurants and tech start-ups
- English proficiency
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.