When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
Deliveroo’s Information Systems teams are currently running numerous change projects globally to support the rapid growth of the company and we’re seeking an experienced PMO Analyst to support the department
The PMO Analyst is responsible for coordination of the project portfolio, supporting the continued development of the project management processes and providing day to day project level support where required.
- Actively owning and maintaining the project portfolio by liaising with all key stakeholders.
- Ensuring that all projects follow agreed standards, including governance and reporting.
- Providing admin project support for large projects, reporting into the project manager and working directly on projects as needed.
- Recommending changes to improve project management processes
- Working closely with the Director of Information Systems to review and revise project priorities highlighting any risks or escalation points.
- Creating and maintaining all document templates – ensuring they are continually reviewed for improvements.
- Conducting or contributing to post implementation reviews and identifying any lessons learned.
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of the project management processes, standards and governance in use on all projects.
- Administrate the project toolset including GoogleDrive and Trello.
- Providing both structured and ad hoc reporting as required.
- Bachelors’ degree preferably in Management Information Systems, Accounting, or Business
- Demonstrable of experience in systems applications consulting, either internally via an IT organization or with a consulting firm or software provider.
- Proven Budget Management and Financial Reporting skills.
- Strong background in Project Management, including experience developing work-breakdown structures and project plans, most notably in Microsoft Project.
- An excellent understanding of common industry-standard business practices
- Experienced in producing high-quality documentation, briefing papers, reports and presentations.
- Experience with software in an ASP/SaaS environment is a plus as is any experience with financial accounting, customer management and automation software.
- One or more recognised portfolio, programme or project management qualifications
- You’re unbelievably well organised, you love details and don’t have a cluttered desk;
- You’re patient, understanding and love a challenge;
- You are proactive and full of ideas;
- You have outstanding interpersonal and communication skills – excellent listening capability and an ability to deliver a message with empathy
- You’ve got strong analytical skills
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-ups around.