When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allows us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
Over the next six to twelve months, Deliveroo is focusing on national and local sponsorship to drive top of mind awareness and consideration among new and existing customers. This role will report into the Head of Local Activation and be pivotal in leading and building this function out. This role will have 100% responsibility for driving our partnerships forward including The FA, The FA Cup & Leeds United FC, food festival sponsorship alongside ownership over all our owned events including Deliveroo World of Food, local experiential and overseeing our 250 student ambassadors amongst other local activations. This role requires someone who can think ambitiously and push this function and team to its full potential, alongside having a strong bias for collaboration, organisation and relationship building.
- Lead the development and implementation of the events and sponsorship strategy, plans & campaigns across the UK.
- Leverage events and sponsorships to help address key challenges that local markets encounter and build activation plans that enables us to be a truly local brand across all neighbourhoods.
- Responsible for annual strategic planning and activation plans for each sponsorship and event workstream, ensuring all rights, assets and cross-partner opportunities are maximised.
- Responsible for developing x-channel plans across the full marketing mix to embed activations through-out owned and paid channels.
- Provide strategic expertise on how best events and sponsorships can be leveraged and plugged into localised marketing, mass campaigns and restaurant marketing campaigns.
- Develop strategic objectives and measurable KPIs for events, food festival sponsorships and partnerships.
- Build relationships with key partners and stakeholders to ensure collaboration, trust and value are top of mind across all partnerships.
- Ensure the team’s activity is delivered within budget and continuously looks for efficiencies.
- Build, lead and manage a team of four, identify key strength and growth opportunities for team members to maintain a high performing team
- 6-8 years experience working across all marketing disciplines (ATL, BTL, Digital, Experiential, Media, Social) as well as sponsorships and live events.
- You have lead and managed a high performing team before, you understand what it takes to be a great leader and keep your team motivated and empowered.
- You know what it takes to run a fantastic event including promotion, planning and executing brilliantly.
- You have worked across UK/Global sponsorships and understand how to integrate them across channels and have planned and activated some outstanding sponsorship activations before.
- You have great communication, negotiation and influencing skills and natural team leader, you are not afraid to get stuck in and help out the team when the going gets tough.
- You have delivered and developed creative multi-platform campaigns that work across brand and sponsorship channels.
- You have experience working in a dynamic high-growth company so you understand when campaigns/activations/events need to flex to support the needs of the business.
- You have an entrepreneurial proactive and go-getter attitude
Life at Deliveroo
We are a small team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.