When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
Reports to VP, Brand & Creative
An inspirational and highly collaborative creative leader, this person will be responsible for our internal Creative Studio, managing the global creative output of the Marketing org, and accelerating the Deliveroo brand. The ideal candidate is an experienced creative leader who has helped define and grow breakthrough brands, and who is as comfortable crafting the perfect Tweet response, as developing a global TV ad, or evaluating a new design system. Your main job will be to make our customers (riders, restaurants and consumers) consider Deliveroo, and ultimately to love our brand.
- Lead and nurture a team of CD’s / creatives, spanning design, mass communications, performance / PMM and content. You are responsible for setting the team vision, for developing a range of creative specialisms, and for creating the environment for the team to do the work of their careers.
- Get under the skin of customers in all our markets, and make sure we are always playing to the human, brand and cultural truths in those markets - be customer-obsessed.
- Partner closely with stakeholders across Marketing and beyond, to develop breakthrough work that balances the needs of the business with the longer-term needs of the brand.
- A key leader within our internal Brand Council, evaluating and pushing work from both internal teams and external agencies around the world, elevating our overall creative output.
- Partner closely with our agencies around the world, representing the Deliveroo in everything we do - whether created in-house or not.
- Build a creative team responsible for developing our global mass communications, including TV, radio, OOH, online etc. Continue to evolve and push our global creative platform.
- Build a creative team responsible for developing content that highlights our passion for food and community, and builds our brand through conversation. We have the potential to be a brand that people talk to and about, and we need to realise this creative opportunity.
- Build a creative team responsible for educating customers about our products, and driving incremental orders.
- Ultimately, to be a positive champion for powerful storytelling and insight-led creativity in everything we do. Excite the company about the creative possibilities of our story.
- You are a creative change agent who leads through vision, and by example.
- You have accelerated brands in the tech or food space, ideally both (10+ years combined experience).
- You have run creative teams at leading agencies or in-house at brands, ideally both (5+ years leadership experience).
- You bring exciting thinking that gets people talking, but you never lose sight of the importance of strategy.
- You are comfortable with fast changing organisations and ambiguity - you thrive off the opportunity, and are resilient to change.
- You are a driven self-starter with excellent interpersonal, communication, and critical thinking skills
- You know when to push, but you also know when to be flexible. You know how to win over a complex, matrixed organisation.
- People and culture above everything. Highly collaborative, low-drama people only please.
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.