Job Title: Product Operations Manager
Location: Cannon Street, London
Closing Date: 25 December 2019
We’re in the business of delivering awesome meals into everyone's home or office – fast.
We achieve this by building and running a superb website, suite of mobile apps, a complex logistical platform, a fleet of passionate drivers, and a global operation, all to help bring great food from the world's best-loved local restaurants to consumers with an unparalleled level of convenience. We don’t want people to have to suffer with bad takeaway delivered an age after they order.
In the product operations role, you’ll help Deliveroo to bridge the gap between tech and the wider org. Sitting within one of our core product groups, the Product Operations Manager will work closely with the relevant product teams and cross-functional stakeholders to surface, prioritise, test, rollout and iterate on new product features. This role is vital in supporting growth, successful product launches, improving efficiencies and helping to build stronger relationships between product and the wider business.
This is a great opportunity to work with a diverse set of teams in a fast-changing environment and is integral to driving success as we grow. This position is located in London and reports into the Senior Product Operations Manager.
What you’ll do:
- Work with the local markets and other teams functional teams outside of the tech org to help identify and understand key problems and opportunities
- Advise respective product team on the global feasibility of products being worked on
- Surface and advocate for key insights from the business to inform product improvement
- Manage pre-kickoff preparations, project kickoffs, project plans and project communications throughout the lifetime of the project so everyone is aware
- Ensure functional stakeholders (legal, comms, finance etc) are aligned on key objectives for the product / project
- Manage the implementation by building rollout plans, establishing go-live criteria and defining roles and responsibilities for each stage and task of the rollout.
- Communicate project status and progress to the wider business and senior leaders.
- Identify key problem areas and/or geographies impacted by the product post-launch
- Anticipate bottlenecks, explore contingencies and provide escalation management.
- Identify the most effective communication channels and ways of working between your product group and the wider org.
- Maintain regular communications with key stakeholders across the org - be the ‘go to person’ in the relevant Product Group for the wider business.
- Identify where the product rollout process could be improved, and make sure those changes are carried out across product and engineering, the wider business and the end user.
- Collaborate with product teams and wider org to manage quarterly / annual planning by coordinating key product asks, identifying opportunity and problems.
What we’re looking for:
This is an exciting role for an experienced project manager with a passion for successfully delivering large, cross-team projects. You are all about attention to detail, great stakeholder management, taking charge and reliability.
- 5+ yrs relevant experience in Project Management
- Experience leading a team or cross functional projects
- Excellent communication, organisation and project planning skills
- Willingness to take responsibility and drive projects forward without close supervision
- Ability to hold each party responsible for their actions
- Experience working with product and engineering teams is preferred
- Technical understanding and ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated stakeholder management / relationship building skills
- Ability to run multiple projects simultaneously
- Competitive salary and bonus. Work hard and you’ll reap the benefits.
- Robust learning environment. You’ll be thrown in at the deep end and will be asked to constantly challenge the status quo. You’ll have opportunities to learn about the most exciting areas of the business, from how we’re implementing Machine Learning to how we’re using state-of-the art technology to change the way restaurants operate.
- Lots of fun. You’ll be part of a like-minded, kick-ass group of people that work and play together.
- And lots of food. Think Friday lunch free-for-alls, new restaurant openings, and impressing your mates with free takeaway every now and again.
- Highly subsidised gym memberships and lots of other great ‘Roowards’
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.