When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
We are looking for an Account Manager to join our team. This is a rare opportunity to become a founding and critical member of a rapidly growing, well-funded startup. You’ll be liaising with city's most highly regarded restaurants. Your role will involve cultivating existing restaurant relationships and helping them increase their online sales. This is an excellent role for a commercial and outgoing individual who enjoys building and maintaining relationships.
The role will involve :
- Managing a portfolio of key restaurants with focus on building relationships and increasing profitability
- Driving restaurant performance through data analysis and industry knowledge to maximise order volume and growth potential
- Coordinate with cross-functional departments to engage support for activities aimed to drive business growth and ensure operational efficiency (Marketing, Operations, Customer Service, Corporate)
- Adhere to internal processes to streamline administrative support
- Being the face of Deliveroo to the restaurant industry
- 5 years working experience, ideally in a commercial environment where you have to deal with many clients / customers
- Good knowledge of the restaurant industry
- You must be outgoing and a strong communicator whether face to face, through phone or email
- You must be commercially minded and results oriented
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to create and maintain relationships
- Demonstrate experience using Microsoft Office tools and related project / program management applications to drive best practice
- You must be a self-starter and well organised. If you don't have that, you won't excel here
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation. In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success. We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.