When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
We’re looking for a Marketing Director to lead restaurant marketing & promotions for Deliveroo. This role will work closely and collaboratively with commercial teams, product teams, marketing channel leads, regional leads & in-country teams as well as our restaurant partners to deliver best-in-class growth and marketing strategies that deliver commercial results. This role reports to the Director of Regional Growth & is based in London.
A successful candidate will be an entrepreneurial thinker. S/He will have a passion for delivering impactful joint business plans, developing promotional strategies & implementing playbooks across multiple markets. S/he will a have a natural ability to think strategically to solve business problems. S/he will be experienced in managing marketing partnerships and have a broad knowledge and understanding of the marketing channel mix. S/he will be a self starter, comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and able to ‘think big’ while paying careful attention to detail.
- Obsessed with restaurants - Know our global restaurant partners inside and out. Dive deep into the data and meet with key stakeholders to understand segments, needs, priorities and growth areas. Be the voice of restaurants in the business and within the marketing team, developing frameworks & processes to engage restaurants with Deliveroo marketing.
- Joint business plans - work closely with in-country teams to lead the relationship with our priority restaurants to leverage them for growth, building joint annual marketing plans and JBPs. This includes involvement in national brand and promo campaigns, restaurant specific activity, site-specific targeted support etc.
- Strategy & planning - define the strategy for restaurant marketing including how to support different segments of restaurants to maximise volume & value of orders.
- Promotional strategy - Plan, build and execute a global annual promotional strategy to drive value perception and incremental orders.
- Marketing proposals - work with the commercial & sales team to develop compelling marketing proposals as part of our pitch process for key global relationships. Work closely with regional leads & in-country teams to support marketing proposals in market.
- Playbooking - lead the development, implementation & codification of key toolkits, playbooks & assets banks to best support all restaurants.
- Cross-functional collaboration - work closely with growth product, performance marketing, CRM, PR & partnerships to co-develop initiatives and activity that best leverage selection and drive engagement with customers.
- Measure, Test & Learn - define & measure the relevant restaurant marketing KPIs. Utilise data-driven decision making to improve the performance of our marketing efforts.
- 10+ years marketing experience running successful insight led growth strategies.
- Experience in the restaurant industry preferred
- You will have experience of working with remote teams and have a proven ability of being able to develop strategies & plans that balance global consistency with local nuances. You are adept at developing frameworks that can be deployed in multiple markets and are skilled at assessing and reporting on the impact of these activities.
- A fantastic communicator. You excel at communicating with internal & external stakeholders. You can concisely articulate strategy & ideas and can persuasively sell these in.
- Fantastic strategic thinker. You can see the wood for the trees, are able to distill complex data and information into key insights & themes. You can easily articulate a strategic approach and priorities.
- A self-starter attitude that’s comfortable with constant change and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven track record in making things happen - delivering results quickly and efficiently.
- A creative problem solver who can think things through analytically.
- A proactive, can-do attitude, full of great ideas and able to get stuff done autonomously.
- Great communication & collaboration skills with a passion for building strong relationships and working cross-functionally in order to establish and meet shared organizational goals