Job Title: Salesforce Team Lead
Location: Cannon Street, London
Closing Date: 23rd of October 2019
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
The Information Systems team builds the tools that the organisation needs to grow - whether that be removing error-prone manual tasks with elegant automation or building seamless products to deliver prioritised actions with clear context to sales teams. The team is here to understand the issues that are holding our teams back and to create impactful technology to solve them.
As a Team Lead for Salesforce you will be expected to drive the vision for the platform used by the teams partnering with restaurants, food brokerage and corporate sales, to provide them with a clear strategic path on how we can become a best in class b2b organisation and then deliver on that vision.
We’re looking for someone who is not afraid to adapt to tackle big challenges and deliver against a clear strategy in an exceptionally fast paced and demanding environment.
Reporting into the Information Systems Director, the Team Lead for Salesforce will primarily be responsible for managing the strategic vision and delivery of projects on the Salesforce platform.
Together with the project managers in your team you will be managing, tracking and communicating the progress of projects and in ensuring the quality delivery of multiple concurrent Salesforce projects within a matrix environment. From initiation through to completion, you will be responsible for planning specific engagements, managing the business requirements and the review and signoff process. They will manage the execution of deliverables while controlling scope, executing the change management process when needed and ensuring timely resolution of discrepancies and project roadblocks.
You will be responsible, together with the Information Systems Director, for trading off priorities across the organisation from stakeholders on the Salesforce platform including the Commercial Sales, Restaurant Onboarding, Restaurant Partner Success, Food Brokerage and Corporate Sales teams. You will also need to understand their complex business needs and knit them together into an effective strategy that can deliver strong value for the company and for our end users.
In addition, you will be expected to help build and develop a world-class organisation - to identify and hire great people and then to develop them into a team with a strong identity and track record for delivering results across the whole company.
- Empathy - you find it second nature to put yourselves in the shoes of whoever you need to: stakeholders, customers, colleagues. You understand what will drive and motivate or equally what might alienate them and can help others with that understanding.
- Strategic Vision - you are able to see the big picture and understand what Deliveroo as an organisation needs to succeed long term and then easily translate that back into executable steps with clear short term goals for your team.
- Leadership - you posses an evangelist’s touch for inspiring an organization with your product vision, instituting passion and excitement for your work, and the ability to convince the team to be thrilled with an outcome, even if at times it varies significantly from their original ask.
- Collaboration - you love working with different sorts of people and with different teams across an organisation to get to a shared goal. You want to make sure everyone else is as excited about your work as you are.
- Communication - you are flexible and equally effective whether delivering hard news, glowing praise or listening to what people are really saying.
- Results Driven - you get stuff done. Even if the path is challenging or unclear, what gets you out of bed is knowing that you are delivering something that people will really value.
- At least 4 - 6 years of experience in systems applications consulting, either with a consulting firm or software provider or inside a fast-paced technology company.
- Demonstrable experience of working within the online food delivery markets.
- Strong background in Project Management, including experience developing work-breakdown structures and project plans.
- Demonstrable experience of successfully delivering projects using Salesforce Agile Methodology is a must.
- Previous evidenced experience of developing and implementing successful Salesforce Community sites.
- Proven experience in translating customer business requirements into a workable world-class software solution.
- Strong track record in developing a fantastic team, from hiring to development and management through to building team identity and mission.
- An excellent understanding of common industry-standard business practices as related to Accounting (Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Invoicing), Salesforce Management (Opportunity, Proposal, Sales Orders, Forecasting, territory management and Quotas), Inventory Management (Purchasing and Fulfillment) as well as support (Cases Management and Territory Management).
- Bachelors’ degree in Management Information Systems.
- Required SalesForce certificate: SalesForce Administrator (201),
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.