When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 6 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 6 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
We are looking for stand out Recruiters to join our Europe business recruitment team here at Deliveroo. In this role, you will be looking after various positions across multiple functions within: France, Spain, Italy, Belgium, and the Netherlands. The EU business recruitment team looks after everything outside of Tech, this includes Commercial, Marketing, Operations, People & Finance, just to name a few. Our team is growing and we need superstars to help take our business to the next stage.
What you’ll be working on
- Hiring. A lot. You’ll be sourcing, interviewing, closing and onboarding candidates to the highest bar with no agency support.
- Be the owner of the entire end-to-end process from start to finish.
- Process improvement - Look at current processes, and think we could do it better? Great! Be part of ongoing work to fine tune these.
- You’re not only here to advise hiring managers and interviewers on interview processes and best-practices, you’re also enjoy to coach them towards the best outcome.
- Work on recruitment projects - there’s no shortage! So if you want to pick something up here - go for it. From interview training to candidate onboarding to our careers page to name just a few. If you’re interested in these things, then they’re yours!
- Last but not least - you’ll have fun! And lots of FOOD.
Job requirements and things we’d like to see in you
- You excel working autonomously but are a great partner to teammates and the business.
- You’ve built and owned a recruiting process from end to end.
- Proactivity. You identify areas for improvement and build solutions that can scale.
- You prioritise impact over “being busy.”
- People skills. You believe in the power of communication and focus on building relationships long term.
- A passion for an amazing and seamless interview experience for both candidates and hiring teams.
- You thrive in an environment of unrelenting pace. The ability to multitask, juggle a bunch of stuff at once but also, somehow manage to be super organised at the same time is key here.
- You’re able to source and hire awesome people directly without depending on recruitment agencies.
- Fluency in more than one EU language is a plus.
- Most importantly, you love food and are excited about influencing the way people eat globally!
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.