When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
And we’re just getting started
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest-growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
As a Data Science Analyst, you will be part of the Strategy Team of the Commercial and Marketing Department. Your mission will consist mainly of piloting our strategic projects, modelling complex situations to facilitate decision-making and supporting teams in complex analyzes. We want to provide the best possible service to our customers wherever we operate and you will be a key player in that.
Your responsibilities include:
Data Science Link Point
Deliveroo is a company built on Data Science / Big Data analytics. Numerous analyses are conducted daily by our local teams as well as our Data Science teams in London. The role will be to carry out such analyses and create a link with the analyses made by our global teams.
Use your analytical skills to improve our business model - identifying areas for improvement and being proactive
- Pilot strategic projects - you will have a transversal responsibility and will have to keep a very business-oriented vision
- Identify and understand business opportunities - you will model opportunities and propose an inventory of risks and costs so that we have the expected returns
- Support the other sales teams - keeping the necessary distance to understand which are the most significant levers of action
Masters degree in an engineering school/business school / or at university
Ideally, experience in consulting and / or projects related to the supply chain/operations
Specialization in Data Science or complex analysis experiments
Very strong analytical skills - able to handle large amounts of data, extract relevant information to identify and solve problems
Good communicator - able to express ideas in a clear and concise way, adapting to the public concerned
Highly organized and with a good sense of priorities - able to set up and follow action plans and follow the "80/20" rule to make quick and effective decisions
Open-minded - curious, able to give and defend his point of view, aligned with the company's strategy
Strategist - able to "think big", share ideas and support the execution
Others: proficiency in English, excellent command of Excel, mastery of python / SQL / VBA is highly appreciated
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you have helped build. We're moving real assets and reinventing the logistics of food delivery
- Work in a fun, exciting company culture with people who enjoy what they are doing
- Being part of a team instigating the expansion of a global brand
- The opportunity to make an impact and grow with the business
- Regular off-sites with the team
- Office lunches once a month and more than enough free food from Deliveroo
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to anyone of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest-growing start-ups around.