When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allows us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
As a key member of French marketing team, you will work closely with the Head of Marketing for France and their team, including the heads of media and campaigns, restaurant marketing, and hyperlocal activation to ensure that all content in their channels and areas reflects an insight and data-driven understanding of both the French food delivery market and the key target groups that each activation is designed to reach. To do this effectively, you will also partner closely with key central functions, including Global Brand and our in-house creative studio, Insights, and EU Regional Marketing. You will be expected to have a deep understanding of the market’s overall business objectives, in-market nuances, and a clear appreciation for the critical role of effective brand and content management in supporting market growth.
- Drive expert localisation of the regional marketing strategy, including multiple simultaneous campaigns across all ATL and BTL channels
- Maintain brand consistency across all online and offline marketing channels, working in close partnership with Global Brand and Studio to ensure that all creative executions in France adhere to global brand guidelines
- Partner with local functional heads to ensure that all content is executed to the highest standard, in-line with global brand guidelines, while reflecting local market nuances
- Build the French content strategy (eg. video production, social media assets, etc.) based on global campaigns and French localisation
- Maintain an expertly-organised content library for the market
- Partner closely with Marketing Operations, Studio and any local agencies to ensure on-time delivery of assets and effective management of the content budget
- Work with Insights to build and refine our understanding of Deliveroo target groups in France, ensuring a clear understanding of the content strategy implications of these insights
- Understand Deliveroo and its brand in the context of the overall food market in France through continual benchmarking of competitor and market trends
- Monitor brand and advertising strategies in food delivery and adjacent sectors (ie. B2C consumer technology) across channels, including ATL (TV, OOH, Radio) and BTL (Performance Marketing and CRM) for competitive benchmarking and to identify innovation opportunities related to content
- Support local teams outside of marketing (eg. Operations, Commercial) to ensure brand consistency in their content creation (eg. B2B communications)
- Work closely with the head of Communications and PR for France to ensure that all activations and strategies are grounded in a deep understanding of target groups
- As needed, effectively build, manage and coach a team of brand and/or content experts that operates at the highest standards
- Demonstrated experience managing B2C brands across multiple channels, both ATL and BTL, and including PR
- B2B marketing and/or brand management experience a plus
- Experience working in and/or with e-commerce or digital businesses preferred
- Demonstrated ability to build brands based on data-driven insights
- Deep customer-centricity and empathy; ability to act as the “voice of the customer”
- Strong copy-writing and written communication skills in French
- Keen aesthetic sense and ability to ensure high creative standards across channels
- Demonstrated excellence in complex campaign management, including operating under deadlines and making effective trade-offs, while ensuring creative excellence
- Strong budget management and overall organisational skills
- Social-first approach
- Innate creativity and curiosity essential
- Strong bias towards collaboration, locally and centrally, and a growth mindset
- Previous experience in a creative agency and/or brand management position required; experience in strategic planning in media/advertising agency a plus
- People management experience preferred
- Fluent in English, both oral and written (mandatory)
- University degree or equivalent preferred; Master’s degree a plus
- 5 years’ experience minimum
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.