When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allows us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
As a Senior Manager and key member of the French Marketing leadership team, you will oversee restaurant marketing across France. This newly-formed role will partner closely with the French marketing and commercial teams, product, channel leads, and our restaurant partners to deliver best-in-class co-branded campaigns and promotional strategies that enable our partners’ growth, while delivering against our strategic and business goals. This role reports to the Head of Marketing.
Successful candidates will possess superior relationship management skills and a natural ability to think strategically to solve business problems. A self-starter, s/he will partner consultatively with our restaurants, proactively identifying ways to support and enable their growth.
- Partnership management: In close partnership with the French commercial director, build and maintain relationships across operating levels (from day-to-day contacts, to senior counterparts) with some of the largest restaurant groups in France
- Strategic planning and project management: Position Deliveroo as a valued marketing consultant to restaurants through close collaboration to build annual co-marketing plans that are detailed and cover the relevant range of ATL and/or BTL channels. Ensure all planning is grounded in data-driven insights
- Promotional excellence: Build, implement and iterate a framework for promotional strategy that enables us to scale campaigns efficiently and effectively
- Customer-centricity: Become an expert in our restaurants’ businesses and identify win-win opportunities to drive business impact. Partner with product and channel leads (eg. CRM) to develop a deep understanding of marketing-relevant features and functionality we can and/or should make available to our restaurants. Act as an advocate for our restaurants with internal stakeholders vis a vis marketing.
- Restaurant Visibility Strategy: Partner with the Manager for Hyperlocal Marketing to ‘paint the town teal’ through in-store restaurant co-branding. Develop a best-in-class restaurant visibility strategy and implementation programme across both physical and digital assets
- 7+ years minimum marketing experience leading 360 marketing campaigns, ideally in the food, technology, or FMCG sectors
- Superb relationship management skills and an ability to operate across levels
- Project management expertise and an ability to seamlessly handle competing demands and prioritise effectively
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, in both French and English
- Growth mindset, bias towards collaboration and strong problem-solving skills
- Highly proactive, with an ability to set strategy and operate independently
- Previous consulting or partnerships experience, especially with restaurant groups or the food sector, a plus
- Team management experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree a plus
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.