When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
And we’re just getting started
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
Operations Strategy is a new department within France Operations. This team is being created in the context of ever greater automation of operations processes, of ever longer planning horizons for Deliveroo as a whole and the French business within that, and of the growing need to apply more structure and rigour to our thinking in French Ops.
Operations Strategy is responsible for low frequency, high impact project work pertaining to all elements of France Operations. This work will include longer-term projects to set the strategy for Rider Support, Applicant Support, Rider Onboarding, and Live Ops (all within Operations Services) as well as work focusing on efficiency gains, improving processes and better ways of working. The team’s work is cross-functional and collaborative at its core.
Reporting into the Head of Operations Strategy, you are a major contributor to the output of the newly-formed Operations Strategy department. Your goal is to be central to the planning and execution of how France Operations works across multiple departments.
You are responsible for designing and executing improvements to our Operations Services team (consisting of Ops Services, Rider Onboarding etc…) while also supporting on strategic projects with our Planning & Analytics and Content & Engagement teams.
- Contribute to an environment of progression and continuous improvement across all of France Operations
- Collaborate across the department and the wider business to produce results
- Improve our service levels across all Ops departments by continually driving performance gains
- Actively seek problems to solve and quickly ship solutions
- Contribute to the design and audit of processes executed in the Ops Services department
- Drive down costs for the business through a thorough assessment of current processes and ways of working to identify efficiencies
Analytical and strategic - able to ‘think big’ as well as execute ‘on-the-fly’ via understanding the dynamics of our business
- Can build “stuff” - approaches, processes, tools and structured change methodologies
- Inquisitive and forward-thinking - curious, thoughtful and happy to question the status-quo. Keeps pushing for further improvements
- Stakeholder management - this team only succeeds if it can influence and persuade
- Workload management - able to prioritise work by considering the impact and scale of the work, as well as managing time effectively to meet deadlines
- Highly proficient in data analysis, a strong communicator and a trusted problem solver
- Excel skills required
- Fluent in French & English
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you have helped build. We're moving real assets and reinventing the logistics of food delivery
- Work in a fun, exciting company culture with people who enjoy what they are doing
- Being part of a team instigating the expansion of a global brand
- The opportunity to make an impact and grow with the business
- Regular off-sites with the team
- Office lunches once per month and more than enough free food from Deliveroo
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.