When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.The Sales Development Associate will help hunt down the most popular local restaurants across Australia, seek to understand their business, and use your ninja phone negotiation skills to convince them why they need to join us in our mission to change the landscape of the food industry.
What you will do...
This is a sales role, so you'll be calling through restaurants across Australia, talking to restaurant managers and owners, to get them on board with Deliveroo.
- You’ll prospect, pitch and close new restaurants in your territory. You'll be comfortable with ambitious activity targets for cold calls, emails and social media.
- Take control over your own pipeline and manage your portfolio of leads to ensure strong conversion rates.
- Get creative with our sales processes to make our inside sales unit the fastest-moving and biggest impact team within Deliveroo.
- Collaborate with the wider commercial team with ad-hoc strategic initiatives like field pitch days, restaurant marketing roll-outs and cross-functional projects
What you'll need...
You'll need to have done a bit of sales before (telesales experience would be helpful but not compulsory). You'll need to be willing to get on the phone and talk to potential new Restaurants in order to sign them up with the Deliveroo platform - we will give you full support and training to help you succeed.
- You'll be hungry, ambitious and motivated to work within a fast moving environment.
- You'll be confident to pitch things you’re passionate about
- You'll want to own your business area and work within demanding targets
- Perseverance and grit – you’re a hustler, and you’re not afraid of rejection
- Competitiveness – you’ll be working within a highly efficient team who like to win (as individuals and together)
- Curiosity – you’re a lifelong learner who is always striving to be outside of your comfort zone and test new ideas
- Top notch people skills – you have bags of emotional intelligence and can persuade even the toughest of prospects
- Competitive salary and commission structure
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- BIG Friday lunches – Deliveroo'd to the office of course!
- Weekly Exercise class to counteract all the amazing food!
- Have a real impact on the company’s growth and evolution
- Work with people who love what they do every day
Deliveroo is a company of people unapologetically passionate about what they do – if you’re not into food, you soon will be. We will work with you to build your career in sales in one of the fastest growing start ups in Food Technology.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.
Apply now to learn more.