When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 14 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
Out of the box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. Deliveroo’s Account Management team works towards ensuring that our restaurant partners have an amplified reach to our customer base with unparalleled service levels. We are consultants providing restaurants with data-driven insights to help grow their businesses. We are a group of dynamic team players that work together to achieve a common goal. You will be responsible for...
- Supporting the Account Managers on the on-boarding process of new accounts or new outlets from existing accounts. This includes negotiation of commission and on-boarding fee, setting up a photoshoot, getting operational details, setting up salesforce lead and schedule installation training;
- Assisting the Account Managers in setting up Marketing Campaigns & Promos;
- Assisting the Regional Account Manager in several projects, where your main focus will be identifying and qualifying Low-Value accounts that have the potential to grow into High-Value Accounts;
- Use basic big data (Looker) skills to drive initiatives to increase revenues and create Virtual Brands;
- Perform additional duties as required
- You should not be afraid to pick up the phone and speak to clients;
- You should have an accurate and proactive mentality in any project you complete;
- You should have an excellent attention to detail;
- You have a structured way of working and an analytical approach;
- You are flexible and result oriented;
- You should have a natural interest in Food and you should be Tech-Savvy
After this internship, you will
- Have developed your negotiation skills;
- Have increased your organisational and communication skills;
- Have gained knowledge about data-driven insights (and why this is so important to our business and our clients);
- Have gained knowledge about the Food (delivery) Industry in Taiwan;
- Know what it contains to work in a fast-paced scale-up with LOT’s of dynamics and daily challenges.
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.