When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
Changing the way the world thinks about food delivery is what we’re all about. That’s why we love bringing amazing restaurant food to people like you – whether it’s juicy burgers, fiery curries or fresh poké bowls. It’s been a whirlwind of a journey since our launch in 2013 – we’re now in 14 countries and over 200 cities, with stylish headquarters based in the heart of London. As a food obsessed, friendly bunch, we enjoy brainstorming ideas to solve business challenges – and we’re not afraid of making great ones happen fast.
We’re looking for a Senior Marketing Manager to support our expansion efforts across the UK as we launch into more towns and cities.
We’re live in 100+ towns and cities across the UK and we are looking to launch a lot more. We’re looking for someone to lead our marketing & growth for our launch cities, reporting to the Head of Local Activation UK & IE and embedded within the Global Expansion team.
They will be responsible for designing, executing and iterating a launch multi-channel marketing plan that is localised to drive the best results. They will be an expert on local needs of our new cities, testing & learning new channels & opportunities & then scaling frameworks from successful experiments.
A successful candidate will be an entrepreneurial brand builder. They will have a proven ability to think strategically to solve business problems linking back to data & specifically be an expert in delivering scalable solutions to hyper-local activations. They will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, able to think big whilst paying careful attention to detail.
The Senior Marketing Manager will be responsible for managing and executing all new market launches across the UK to drive traffic, new customer acquisition and conversion from launch to new market graduation.
- Responsible design and execute a multi-channel marketing plan localised to drive the best result
- Ensure all creative, channels and communications are localised to each new market launch, including flexing creative depending on demographics, market nuances and local channel opportunities
- Become an integral team member of the new markets team and work extremely closely with them to manage new restaurant partners, launch timelines and local opportunities.
- Manage all agencies and channels involved in launches including face to face staffing, direct mail, digital channels and experiential, amongst others, ensuring they are clear on timelines and deliverables.
- Manage all new market performance reporting and continuously build a bank of learnings from each new market launch.
- Lead test and learn initiatives to ensure we are streamlining and maximizing the success of each new market launch.
- 5+ years experience working across all marketing disciplines (ATL, BTL, Digital, Experiential, Media, Social) as well as a deep understanding of local channels.
- Comfortable developing performance reports and flexing marketing approach based on market performance factors and linking back to data
- Extremely strong executor and naturally detailed oriented person.
- Comfortable travelling to new markets and carry out ad-hoc consumer and restaurant research.
- Entrepreneurial attitude, proactive and go-getter.
- Demonstrate strategic ability and commercial thinking