When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
The Rider Support team offers Deliveroo Riders accurate and on time answers through their journey with Deliveroo. Reporting into the UKI Rider Support Lead, you will be responsible for a small team (5-10 people) of Operations Representatives.
You’re responsible for the following:
- Managing an Operations Support team: dealing with escalated issues, reacting to requests and communications coming into the team,
- Training of new Operations Representatives and cross training them in other teams.
- Distributing and prioritising workload amongst your team members
- Being a direct “Performance Manager” for up to 10 Representatives - you will build strengths and coach underperformance. You will manage their professional development.
- Driving employee engagement and satisfaction
- Ensuring timely recruitment to mitigate known and upcoming gaps in resource - we’re growing fast
- Responsible for a Zendesk inbox
- Responsible for the team KPIs, including SLAs, QA, productivity, absence.Leading the team towards the department goals and team targets.
- Be present and vocal at every opportunity to ensure that our riders are championed every step of the way.
- Working with our QA team and Change Manager to use their insight to drive and motivate change and continuous improvement
- You will liaise with other Team Leads to work on iterative process improvement and take a leading role as the process expert to inform issues and drive changes.
- As a process expert you are responsible for surfacing endemic issues in performance to be addressed and depended on to lead the change in your team.
- Drive meetings and presentations to celebrate the success of the team.
The ideal candidate will have :
- 1+ years people management experience
- Zendesk experience is a must
- Successful track record operating in a hyper-growth environment, working as part of a team with experience influencing management-level stakeholders
- Ambitious, entrepreneurial, pragmatic, like to work at a fast pace, clear communicator, comfortable with ambiguity
- Experience of mentoring and performance managing people - at Deliveroo our people are rock stars and we want to nurture and develop our people to success.
- Data driven to identify opportunities and use to influence change upwards - you need to be inquisitive.
- Empathy towards those you are providing support for, in this case our riders.
- Proficiency in English is a must.
- Strong customer and communication skills.
- Advanced troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills.