When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
As Global Onboarding Lead, you will be responsible for defining the onboarding strategy and driving onboarding performance across all markets. You will lead end to end process change to create the most impactful, scalable and efficient processes, focusing on improving experience for our restaurants and internal teams.
- Deliver an onboarding strategy that enables restaurants to onboard as quickly, efficiently and seamlessly as possible
- Interact with stakeholders from Legal, Commercial, Tech and Product to drive change, end-to-end
- Identify scalable solutions that will drive onboarding performance and velocity
- Deploy new tools and processes to all of our markets, working closely with local teams to make trade-offs between standardisation of onboarding and customisation, to fit local requirements
- Work closely with Tech and Product teams on roadmap prioritisation and feature definition
- Work with local teams to ensure they have the right level of resources, tools, processes and training
- Define and analyse key onboarding metrics, to evaluate how to measure success and identify areas for improvement
- Engage with third party vendors to integrate products and processes with our current systems
- Adaptable with a “can-do attitude” - positive, proactive, and energised by working in a fast-paced environment characterised by constant change
- A coach who genuinely cares – able to build a team and invest heavily in their development
- Analytical and able to quickly prioritise - identify opportunities, issues, inefficiencies and take decisive action
- Obsessive about improvement - has a passion for incremental optimisation /continuous improvement, and can develop both “hacky” and “strategic” improvements
- Strategic, yet pragmatic – able to ‘think big’, yet also realistic, to ensure changes are ambitious but achievable
- Effective communicator - has great interpersonal skills and the ability to quickly gain the trust and respect of others and to get their buy-in / sign-off
- Logical, structured and data-driven - is able to use logic and data to prioritise and drive change
- Project Management & Prioritisation – can manage multiple projects, determining which will have the largest business impact for least input
- Experience in project management, process design and optimization
- 3-5 years of relevant professional experience
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
- Adept knowledge of Salesforce and Looker (Nice to have)
Life at Deliveroo
We are a small team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.