When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 14 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
We are hiring for interns in the Marketing team to:
- Manage our blog, social pages, emails communications to our restaurants and riders
- Curate engaging content for the brand, manage social media accounts
- Building menus of our top 20 restaurants in every area to ensure we're catering to the Arab demographic
- Creative, with a keen eye for aesthetics
- Sharp, persuasive copywriting skills
- Proficient in Photoshop/Illustrator, video editing software*
- Independent, proactive and critical thinking skills.
- Social Media Guru, up to date with latest trends/events
- Master of written and verbal communication in English and Arabic*
- Good team player, organised and good attention to detail
After this internship, you will:
- Know what it’s like to work in a fast paced startup with LOT’s of dynamics and daily
- Gain insights to all areas of marketing including performance marketing, Public
Relations, branding, partnership and events
- Have increased your organisational and communication skills;