When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 6 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 6 years and we operate in 14 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allows us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
As Performance Associate you will play a significant role in understanding and managing the daily performance of our 60+ cities. You will analyse the sales of our cities, follow the daily performance of our delivery system and deep-dive on strategy questions. You are part of the Deliveroo Operations team and will report to the Head of Performance and will be based in Milan.
You will be responsible for:
- Monitoring the daily performance of our delivery system
- Doing detailed data analysis to understand the performance of our 60+ growing cities
- Optimizing the most efficient and effective delivery zones
- Actively participating in our continuous expansion
- Running future projects to ensure proper, consistent operational performance
- Structuring efficient collaborations with other teams in the Operations Department
- Bachelors or masters degree
- With an analytical or strategic background
- Fluent in Italian with a good English knowledge
- 0-2 years work experience
- Needs to be able to work deeply with Excel and other data analytic tools
- You have a self driven & great problem-solving ability
- Quick switch between multiple systems and multitasking in a fast environment
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.