When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
The primary role of the Deliveroo for Business - Corporate Operations Executive is to be the point of contact between Deliveroo and our corporate clients to provide a world-class Deliveroo experience.
The responsibilities of the Corporate Operations Executive Associate will include:
- Managing daily corporate order requests
- Implementing new processes to improve the overall corporate customer experience
- Assisting Account Managers in nurturing and growing accounts through any means necessary and running analysis to understand how to maximise your portfolio.
- Assisting Account Managers in the planning & execution of corporate marketing campaigns (offline, online and social campaigns).
The ideal candidate has a natural commercial attitude, understands the corporate world, and is analytical with a strong focus on customer service. This position would be suited to someone enthusiastic about securing a client facing role in a huge growth area of the business.
- A driven and hardworking individual
- A passion for food and the F&B industry is a must
- Experience in customer service role is a must
- Ability to communicate confidently in Cantonese and English is a must
- Excellent attention to detail – proven ability to multitask in a fast-paced work environment is a must
- Knowledge in local food trends and corporate ordering habits
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; strong presentation skills
- Creative – exhibits tenacity, never takes no for an answer
- Experience in a B2B relationship management role is a plus
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
- Have a real impact on the Company's growth and evolution
- Open, respectful, fun company culture
- Abundance of great online learning courses delivered by global universities
- Standard health and dental insurance coverage
- Monthly exercise subsidy
- BIG Friday lunches - Deliveroo'd to the office of course!
- Deliveroo PLUS – never pay the delivery fee when you order food!
- Mobility laterally or upwards within the company – show us you love what you do and are good at it, and we’ll notice
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start- ups around.