When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
The Sales Enablement team plays a critical role in transforming the behaviours and practices of Deliveroo global sales team by equipping them with the right information and tools across the sales cycle to add value in every customer interaction. The team is responsible for the development of sales campaigns & collateral, dissemination of selling tools to drive Sales productivity across Deliveroo sales team. The team works closely with senior Sales leaders, Marketing, Sales Operations, Strategy and all sales support functions across the globe to deliver and share the best practice of Sales enabling programmes.
This role, reporting to the Director of Global training and commercial enablement, requires a great deal of thought leadership, sales empathy and the ability to enact change in complex environments and has the responsibility for implementing the Sales enablement plan including Sales Enablement Programmes and tools.
- Build relationships with key business stakeholders to ensure engagement and commitment (Sales / Lines of Business Directors/ SLT).
- Responsible for working with Business markets to replicate best practice and sharing of Enablement programmes
- Collaborate with the sales support functions and subject matter experts, always ensuring the content and the communication to the sales team is targeted, effective, engaging, articulates value and has a clear call to action , in support of a successful go to market strategy.
- Ensure the sales teams receive the right information, at the right time. This includes communication on new product rollouts, new processes, tools and projects, and posting related content in a way that is easy for the sales team to find at the point of need.
- Solicit feedback and requirements from Sales and non-Sales functions on content and manage content governance.
- Handle a high volume of content and multiple projects with aggressive timelines.
- You will reduce admin burden on sales by collaborating across functions to create case studies and custom work.
- You will be a partner with the sales team to collect information to be conduit into product management for ideas considered on roadmap. You will understand the main needs, work closely with marketing and sales operations and prioritize the creation of new assets that will help the sales team to be more effective and productive.
- Work with analytics to size potential upside of features / solutions requiring development work;
- Ensure the end to end process across Deliveroo and our business partners works smoothly and is executed
- Across all restaurants touch points, identify any gaps, work with relevant teams to create a solution and implement the solution.
- Assist and provide guidance on sales calls and demos as needed.
- Determine content adoption metrics and define sales enablement best practices.
- You will collect feedback from sales team on a regular basis to constantly improve support programs.
- Assist the Director Global Training and Commercial Enablement and liaise with the sales team for a correct utilization of the systems (Salesforce and the knowledge base in particular) and drive adoption amongst the sales team.
- Build linkages between training content and the sales cycle and identify the business impact.
- Help the sales team in achieving and possibly exceeding their targets. Ensure we as Deliveroo are focusing our resources on the right deals and are systematic in our go to market approach.
- Liaise with the global sales team and the functions to build and maintain a global calendar of events constantly updated and prioritise activities based on sales team capacity.
- Designing step by step guides for the sales team, collect feedback from Sales on processes that can be improved, etc.
- 5-7 years of experience are required, with a minimum of 3 years in a similar role.
- A Bachelor's degree required; business or marketing majors are preferred.
- You have experience in a Sales Enablement or a validated background in sales, preferably in a B2B environment. You have a deep understanding of the go to market needs.
- Strong ability to think strategically and in solving complex business problems
- Strong stakeholder management skills and ability to inspire and motivate others
- Strong project management skills and proven ability to work in a matrixed environment
- Process optimization/standardization experience
- Relationships are key as this role is a bridging role between sales and all supporting functions.
- You have extraordinary written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks effectively and excellent organisation skills.
- You are a great teammate with strong intrapersonal skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, unpredictable environment and you are a creative and strategic thinker.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet, and Outlook required
- Ability to learn other software programs
- A result-oriented, enthusiastic approach and empathic with the sales team.
- Ability to positively receive feedback and incorporate into future projects.
- Excellent project management skills – ability to multitask, excellent time management, organization and prioritization skills with ability to manage and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to think critically and attention to detail are necessary.
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.