When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
As Sales Training and Talent Manager, you will play a key role in ensuring the Deliveroo global sales team is fully onboarded, learn new skills, and develop existing ones to do their job effectively and predictably successfully.
As well as helping to design and develop the schemes, you will work with the Sales regions and business partners to establish the development needs and will coordinate the courses ensuring they work for the sales organization’s present and future needs. There is a lot of multi-tasking and organising to do in this job: your work day could involve drawing up a training plan, working with subject matter experts to produce materials needed for training, and ultimately delivering or facilitating the training.
You will also work to evaluate how successful it’s been for both individual employees and the overall sales team. This involves conducting regular staff appraisals and reviews to keep an eye on their progress and ensuring other opportunities are available for ongoing development.
In this exciting global role at Deliveroo reporting to the Director, Global Training & Commercial Enablement, you will also need to set the new plan and strategy for e-learning tools and training modules.
- Design, own and facilitate the new hire onboarding for the sales team
- Facilitate technical trainings: product/process training, support stakeholders to create the collateral, make trainings engaging and work on follow-ups
- Partner closely with the Marketing and Operations teams to support the creation of tools/product/processes UVPs and ensure the message is clear, the sales team is well trained, and the information is easy to retrieve when needed
- Facilitate personal development/soft skills/competencies and work with the Regional Growth Managers and local Commercial Directors on vendor related trainings
- Take on ownership of coaching training, facilitating training workshops for people managers
- Design and implement regular training needs analyses and ensure ongoing needs are captured and delivered to support the business needs and inform redesign of existing courses.
- Align all training interventions with competency framework, working closely with HRBP’s
- Actively identify, mitigate, resolve or call out any risks, issues and dependencies that could impact projects or initiatives
- Develop a strategy and set plan to introduce and embed e-learning into the organization, work with subject matter experts to create e-learning content
- Work closely with the Director Sales Enablement and the Director of Commercial Operations and Planning to define a new-world knowledge base for Deliveroo and orchestrate migration from existing tools to a new portal
- The ideal individual will have strong prior experience of successful mentoring of all new sales hires; specifically to a graduate sales program & inside sales representative program and preferably, a background in B2B sales with a strong understanding of what a sales organization needs to be trained on to succeed and how to best deliver communications to meet these needs. Relationships are key as this role is a bridging role between sales and supporting Deliveroo functions ensuring the sales team has all the information, tools and skills to promote and expand our presence in the market.
- Required skills and experience:
- 5 - 7 years of experience, with a minimum of 3 in a similar role
- Bachelors’ degree in Business, Education or related field
- Training, mentoring and coaching skills
- Experience in a broad range of facilitation including train the trainer, virtual deliver, e-learning
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of learning and development principles and e-learning systems
- IT skills preferable (especially useful when it comes to e-learning)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to influence others and achieve results
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Strong organisation and time management skills: one of the key traits is the ability to plan ahead and organise several things at once;
- Operational command of business, sales acumen and messaging
- Possess strong product/technology/industry knowledge (preferable)
- Ability to problem solve independently and deliver results based on a range of requests
- Ability to relate to others
- Ability to write reports and keep records
- Passion and integrity with the commitment to excel and deliver extraordinary results
- Shows judgment when analysing situations and making decisions
- Creative in developing solutions
- Quality and process-driven in delivery
- Enthusiastic, empathic and positive attitude
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.