Our mission is to bring the world's best-loved local restaurants into everyone's home or office - fast.
We work with hundreds of the UK's best loved restaurants, including names like Carluccio's, GBK, Nando's, Rossopomodoro and many top quality independents to deliver their food to homes and offices everywhere. Our customers are as passionate about great food as we are, including an ever-growing number of large and prestigious firms.
Reporting into the Finance Operations Manager, the primary role of the Accounts Payable Manager is to own the global Accounts Payable (AP) process and function, managing a team to deliver the daily and monthly activities associated with AP transaction processing, vendor management and bank reconciliations.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Manage end to end AP process including invoice processing, payment processing, supplier statement reconciliations, supplier disputes and vendor data management for 11 countries
- Develop, implements, standardises and maintains systems, procedures, policies and controls in support of AP functions to ensure clarity, consistency and compliance in AP process
- Manage monthly closing of AP and posting of month end information; ensures timeliness and accuracy of postings from AP to General Ledger
- Manage a processing team; assigns, prioritises and monitors the team's workload
- Select and hires employees for the processing team.
- Train and evaluates employees to enhance their performance, development, and productivity
- Liaises with internal stakeholders and customers to ensure queries are resolved in relation to invoices, expenses and payments
- Build and maintain relationships with vendors, including researching and resolving complex payment and vendor issues
- Set AP KPIs and provides regular reports on the performance of the AP function against these
- Actively engage in problem management, identifying process improvements and procedural changes to drive efficiencies
The ideal candidate will be highly experienced and knowledgeable in the Accounts Payable process and general accounting practices, with a keen eye for continuous improvement. The candidate will be detail-oriented and capable of tightly controlling day-to-day operations in line with defined policies and procedures, whilst also being able to take a more holistic view to provide meaningful reporting and insight to the wider Finance Operations team.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Background in business administration, accounting, finance, or related field preferred Minimum four years of high volume AP experience (1000+ transactions/month) with at least two years of supervisory experience
- Worked in listed companies with an international presence; Deliveroo operates in 7 currencies across 11 countries in EMEA and APAC
- Experience managing the relationship with and resources from a shared service centre, offshore capability or outsourced function
- Comfortable with using ERP systems; Netsuite experience advantageous
- Awareness and understanding of prevalent payment methods and types in some or all of the countries that we operate
- Experience working with customer service and workflow essential
- Knowledge around balance sheet and bank reconciliations could be beneficial
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills for interacting with AP team, Finance Managers and the business
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong planning and organisational skills to balance and prioritise work
- Intermediate knowledge of computer based accounting software, Excel (as a minimum knowledge of VLOOKUP & Pivot tables required), Word, PowerPoint