When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
And we’re just getting started
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
Operations teams are the foundation of our business. Through localising our international strategy and product, they source and manage an increasing fleet of delivery partners and ensure the efficient and rapid delivery of all of our orders from our vast network of restaurant partners, to our increasing pool of hungry customers. We are looking for talented individuals to add value to our team in this exciting opportunity to be part of an exciting startup, where they will make a difference.
Deliveroo has experienced tremendous growth in the past year. Our current Rider fleet is growing fast, very fast.
As a Head of rider engagement & Marketing you will have the unique opportunity to build and lead a team that is focused on raising the bar on how we manage rider growth.
You will own the delivery of our rider growth strategy across the entire lifecycle - from understanding who our riders are and use this knowledge to maximise our rider satisfaction and retention. We are looking for a true all-star, who is able to set strategy, structure and manage a team but also get into the details to identify future opportunities.
You will report directly to the Director of Operations. Specifically, your role will involve the following responsibilities:
Key Tasks / Responsibilities
- Leading a team of focused on rider marketing and rider engagement including rider liaison
- Understanding who our riders are and what they care about; what are their pain points and what delights them
- Developing a process of collecting rider feedback, understanding drivers of delight and dissatisfaction and identifying improvements which can be scaled in the country
- Understand the rider behaviours that drive efficiency in our fleet and overall delivery performance
- Defining our rider value proposition and then ensuring we are delivering against this
- Defining and executing our rider marketing strategy including CRM
- Defining our rider engagement and content strategy including managing the channels through which we communicate to riders
- Supporting the budgeting plan creation and manage spend on rider marketing / CRM initiatives
- Deep dive into data to uncover key business insights and opportunities for improvement
- 2-5 years of experience in consultancy or tech firm and/or growth marketing experience and/or Operations experience
- Proven management experience
- Strategic Thinking: be able to develop a vision for rider growth and get the buy-in from partner teams on executing against this vision
- Team Development: we are looking for a strong leader who can set direction and help prioritise work in a fast moving and ambiguous environment. You will be able to manage and mentor your team and invest heavily in their development and progression
- Driven and confident personality, who can keep a cool head in a crisis.
- Be self-motivated and able to drive project progress with minimal guidance
- Cross-Functional Stakeholder Management: You will need excellent collaboration and communication skills - building deep, trust based relationships with local markets and global teams across several functions.
- Project management: You will need to coordinate and lead projects cross-functionally and have the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to deep-dive to drive insights: Experience with quantitative data analysis and identifying actionable insights
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you have helped build. We're moving real assets and reinventing the logistics of food delivery
- Work in a fun, exciting company culture with people who enjoy what they are doing
- Being part of a team instigating the expansion of a global brand
- The opportunity to make an impact and grow with the business
- Regular off-sites with the team
- Office lunches on Fridays and more than enough free food from Deliveroo
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.