When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang.
We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.The Role
We’re looking for a Senior Manager to oversee restaurant marketing and promotions across Hong Kong. This newly formed role will work closely with the local team, product teams, channel leads, and our restaurant partners to deliver best-in-class promotional strategy and campaigns that deliver against our goals. This role reports to the Head of Marketing.
A successful candidate will be an entrepreneurial thinker.
S/He will have a passion for pricing and promotions and have a natural ability to think strategically to solve business problems.
S/he will be a self starter, comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and able to ‘think big’ while paying careful attention to detail.
Responsible for delivering a promotional strategy across the region, working in partnership with our restaurants to maximise awareness of Deliveroo and generate usage. Work collaboratively with our some of the region’s best loved restaurants to strategically create join marketing plans, project manage multi-restaurant promotions, and be the expert on the features and developments of our the Deliveroo app.
- Maintain brilliant partnerships: Work closely with the commercial director to build and maintain relationships with some of our largest restaurants. Take an active lead in collaborating with restaurants to build detailed 360 annual plans across ATL, promotions, and targeted comms, championing Deliveroo strategy.
- Delivering promotional excellence: Implement a multi-restaurant promotion strategy across the region, delivering efficient promotions.
- Work with local teams to execute as well as managing creative development and channel execution
- Making marketing more accessible: Work closely with the commercial and product team to understand how we can create different marketing features on the app, demonstrate the value of these through test-and-learn, and make these available for restaurants to take advantage of.
- Restaurant Visibility Strategy - responsible for ‘painting the town teal’ through restaurant visibility. Working to develop a best in class restaurant visibility strategy & implementation programme across both physical and digital assets.
- 7+ years marketing experience running successful promotion-based campaigns, be it for an FMCG, consumer goods, restaurant, or something completely different.
- Detail-oriented executor. You're skilled at planning, organising, prioritising and executing simultaneous projects and activities at once. You can prioritise high impact activities and keep complicated projects moving forward.
- A self-starter attitude that’s comfortable with constant change and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven track record in making things happen - delivering results quickly and efficiently.
- A creative problem solver who can think things through analytically.
- A proactive, can-do attitude, full of great ideas and able to get stuff done autonomously.
- Great communication skills with a passion for building strong relationships, with proven experience to manager external stakeholders as well as internal teams
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind?
At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous. Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.