When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang.
We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
We are looking for a Senior Marketing Manager to champion Restaurant marketing & promotions across Hong Kong. This newly created role will work closely and collaboratively with commercial teams, product team, other local marketing leads and our restaurant partners to deliver best-in-class Joint Business Plans, co-marketing strategies and promotional programs to deliver business results.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in B2B2C marketing, especially in designing and deploying co-marketing plans to deliver 1+1>2 business impact. S/he has a passion for delivering joint business plans, driving hyperlocal campaigns and developing & evangelizing the co-marketing playbook. S/he will be experienced in managing marketing partnerships and have a broad knowledge and understanding of Restaurant marketing channel mix. S/he will be known for his/her appetite for testing and marketing innovations, and leveraging opportunities to scale programs based on results. S/he also needs to be a strong communicator, skilled negotiator, an enthusiastic problem solver who can earn trust and possess strong sense of accountability to deliver results.
- Restaurant Marketing Strategy | Define the strategy for restaurant marketing including how to support different segments of restaurants to maximise volume & value of orders. Lead the marketing conversation with our key accounts and high potential restaurants to leverage them for growth, building joint annual marketing plans and joint business plans, including our involvement in restaurant’s brand and promotional campaigns, co-created campaigns, restaurant specific activities, site-specific targeted support etc.
- Restaurant Marketing Program Development & Innovation | Plan and build an annual promotional strategy to drive value perception and incremental customers and orders. Deliver high profile marketing innovation with restaurant partners. Create efficient multi-restaurant promotions. Develop best-in-class ‘painting the town teal’ restaurant visibility strategy across both physical and digital spaces.
- Restaurant Marketing Program Deployment & Optimization | Achieve execution excellence with meticulous program management skills and attention to detail. Deliver scalable, high impact ‘paint the town teal’ initiatives with cost efficiency. Design framework for new and existing program experimentation and tracking to increase the scale of success. Review our global restaurant playbook and lead the adaption or development, implementation and codification of key toolkits and assets to best support our restaurants.
- Data Analytics & Measurement | Define correct data framework to measure the relevant input and output KPIs for restaurant marketing. Utilize data-driven decision making to improve the performance and scalability of our restaurant marketing programs. Ability to navigate ambiguity and triangulate in the absence of data.
- Stakeholder & partner management/ influence | Be obsessed with restaurants, and get to know our key restaurant partners inside and out. Dive deep into the data and meet with key stakeholders to understand segments, needs, priorities and growth opportunities. Be the voice of restaurants in the business and within the marketing team, developing frameworks and processes to engage restaurants with Deliveroo marketing. Collaborate with the commercial teams to develop compelling marketing proposals as part of our pitch process for key account relationships. Work closely with growth product, performance marketing, CRM, comms and brand teams to co-develop initiatives and activities that best leverage selection and drive engagement with customers.
- People management & Team growth | Develop immediate team and related teams, setting clear goals, plans resources and holding team members accountable for performance. Creates and communicates an inspiring vision for the team and related teams, establishing team culture that aligns with our company values.
- Develops and executes marketing programs with minimal manager oversight, managing multiple projects effectively at the same time.
- Proposes new ideas, concepts, or features with confidence, providing supporting data and projected ROI.
- Proactively collaborates with other teams to share learnings and align promotions prior to making recommendations or decisions.
- Demonstrates relentlessly high standards in campaign development and influences others to develop content that aligns with marketing brand and strategy.
- Shares and champions best practices across business. Is sought out by peers and stakeholders for his/her expertise.
- Uses customer, channel, and program performance data to develop short- and long-term recommendations. Learns from experiments and dynamically course-corrects based on results.
- Identifies program and process improvement opportunities and does not only rely on existing way of doing things.
- When presented with issues or opportunities, formulate a plan of action with an aggressive but realistic timeline and engages with relevant stakeholders early in the process to help facilitate action.
- Motivates peers to act quickly on issues and opportunities and helps them properly prioritize the biggest opportunities. Demonstrates good intuition on understanding others’ points of view and potential roadblocks/ issues.
- Dives deep to ensure data integrity by validating with alternate data sources, by comparing results to expectations and to previous experiments, and by quickly identifying anomalies and gaps.
- Applies performance standards to team. Identifies resource needs. Sets goals to optimize performance against department goals and team development. Coaches and gives feedback to direct reports to help develop talent and support career development.
- Mentors other marketers. Demonstrates and differentiates performance bar across multiple levels.
- Sets and articulates expectations for team, and models behavior that best exemplifies our company values.
- 10+ years of career achievement in marketing (with demonstrated financial results and business impact), of which a minimum of the most recent 5+ years in B2B2C marketing involving multiple business partners and minimum of 3+ years in supervisory role in HK
- Proven capability in multi-channel marketing strategies and deployment, data-informed decision making processes and performance-based marketing approach
- Highly collaborative and possesses excellent communication skills with a passion for building strong relationships. Proven experience to influence, motivate and manage external stakeholders as well as internal teams
- Entrepreneurial minded, able to articulate new ideas and influence others to gain support
Strong learning agility, comfortable dealing with fast paced environments, able to prioritize high impact activities and keep complicated projects moving forward.
- Self-starter, creative and analytical problem-solver with attention to details. Delivers results quickly and efficiently.
- In-depth knowledge of B2B2C marketing and good knowledge of Hong Kong restaurant scene
- Native Cantonese speaker, good written & spoken English
- Comfortable with advanced Google Sheets/ Excel, data dashboards and capable of data mining to perform analysis to develop/enhance marketing program
- Candidates with food delivery APP and/ or restaurant marketing experience will be prioritized.
- Experience in marketing for multi-vendor platforms (e.g. eComm sites, hotel booking sites, travel booking sites, payment platforms etc.), or other relevant categories a plus
- Fun to work with
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind?
At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.