We are looking for a Global Head of Recruitment Operations to lead recruitment operations globally for Deliveroo (across more than 10 countries). The role will sit in the Recruiting Team in our HQ office in London and will lead the global Recruitment Operations team.
You’ll be responsible for the operational backbone of recruitment globally, owning the programmes, systems, and data platforms that help us scale effective recruitment: attracting the best people and delivering an outstanding experience.
As a strategic partner in the company, you’ll help tell the recruitment story through data, and enable others to unblock bottlenecks and identify new opportunities. You’ll build and lead the team that ensures consistency of delivery and consistency of experience, and will spearhead the efforts to help everyone at Deliveroo contribute to recruitment.
Not many functions have as big an impact on Deliveroo’s global growth and success as recruitment. As one of the world’s fastest growing companies on the road to an IPO, we have a unique opportunity to create and tell one of the most compelling recruitment stories yet, with Deliveroo’s first dedicated recruitment operations lead playing a key role in it.
- Build and lead the recruitment operations team globally, including recruitment coordinators, analysts and programme managers.
- Source, deploy and manage all systems and tools relating to recruitment that help the team recruit more effectively and support the team’s efficiency.
- Develop a culture of data rigor, and build the foundations to enable data-informed recruitment and actionable insights. Help tell our recruitment and hire quality story to the business through data.
- Build, measure and iterate on all recruiting processes globally, preparing us for scale. Own and develop processes for seamless change management.
- Own enablement, learning and development for the recruitment team, including training, onboarding and knowledge management.
- Own enablement for the wider business, establishing and developing the best practices, resources and processes that enable high quality hiring and maintains Deliveroo’s exceptionally high talent bar.
- Develop and iterate a global, standardised and evidence-based evaluation and selection framework for making good hiring decisions.
- Develop a talent pool framework that helps the business map out its workforce requirements and work backwards to an efficient, effective recruitment strategy.
- Prioritise and drive experiments and innovative programmes that impact our goals across all areas of recruitment, including areas such as diversity, our talent brand and awareness.
What you'll need
- At least 5 years of experience in a recruitment and/or operational effectiveness leadership role in tech-led companies that have undergone significant growth in a short space of time (i.e. going from 500 to 1000 or 1000 to 2000 within a year).
- A strong player/coach manager, with at least 5 years of experience in a people management role.
- Proven command of data with strong analytical and modelling skills. Exceptional ability to join quantitative and qualitative approaches to frame and synthesise complex business problems into clear, concise and easy-to-understand goals.
- Proven ability to design and communicate clear processes, and a detail-oriented yet flexible approach to problem solving.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with an eye for detail and a passion for presenting data and information in clear, compelling ways.
- Aptitude for leveraging and learning new technologies with experience with various modern recruitment technologies.
- A deeply curious and avid learner, constantly looking for ways to improve and creatively solve problems - both the big strategic things, as well as the smaller quick wins.
- Exceptionally strong project and programme management skills, with experience having rolled out new processes and programmes globally.
- Excited to help build something amazing and share it with the world.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 14 countries with over 80,000 riders who deliver orders from 150,000 restaurants in over 300 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.