When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 14 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
What you’ll be working on
- A lot of hiring! You support various business areas, e.g. Marketing, Finance, Operations, with their hiring needs.
- You’ll strategise different ways to build talent pipelines and execute on tactical research, referral generation, events and sourcing campaigns.
- Find and engage active or passive candidates by using our ATS, LinkedIn and alternative search techniques
- You’ll work closely with recruiter(s) and hiring managers to effectively qualify specific criteria and skill sets for each role and generate creative sourcing strategies.
- Partner with hiring managers to build a scalable recruiting process.
- Create tracking systems, metrics and reports to demonstrate successful lead generation of candidates throughout the different stages of the interview process.
Job requirements and things we’d like to see in you
- Previous sourcing or recruiting experience with a search firm or in-house recruitment team.
- You will utilise multiple recruiting resources and advanced sourcing techniques to identify talent.
- Pro-activity. You identify areas for improvement and build hiring solutions that can help us scale.
- People skills. You believe in the power of communication and focus on building relationships long term.
- A passion for an amazing and seamless interview experience for both candidates and hiring teams.
- You leverage data to drive sourcing strategies and influence hiring managers.
- You thrive in an environment of unrelenting pace. The ability to multitask, juggle a bunch of stuff at once but also, somehow manage to be super organised at the same time is key here.
- This is a full-time opportunity based in our London office - just by Cannon Street, Bank and Monument stations.
- Most importantly, you love food and are excited about influencing the way people eat globally!
Life at Deliveroo
We are a small team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.