We are looking for a field based Business Development Manager. This is a rare opportunity to become a founding and critical member of a rapidly growing, well-funded startup. You’ll be liaising with Italy's most premium and highly regarded restaurants. As a member of the local sales team, your role will focus on developing new relationships with restaurants. This is a role for an intelligent, motivated, self starter to develop their sales career for a leading company within its market sector.
You will be tasked with signing up Italy's best restaurants. More specifically, you will:
- Map and target restaurants across Italy in a very methodical and organised fashion
- Communicate (physical visits, email, calls, social media) with restaurants to demonstrate Deliveroo technology
- Help restaurant owners / managers overcome any barriers or hesitations
- Attend restaurant and food meet ups
We offer an initial full time 6 months fixed-term contract.
- You must be comfortable with targeting new business and have proven Sales Experience
- The job requires great communication skills whether it be face to face, through phone or email
- Ability to persuasively demonstrate product and industry knowledge to clients is a must
- You will need to be comfortable with negotiations
- Knowledge of the restaurant industry is a significant plus
- You will need to be tenacious and self motivated
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.
We offer to all our employees:
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- BIG Friday lunches – Deliveroo'd to the office of course!
- Gym and public transport allowances to counteract all the amazing food!
- Have a real impact on the company’s growth and evolution
- Work with people who love what they do every day