Job Title: Business Analyst, Intelligence
Location: Cannon Street, London
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
As a Business Analyst in the Intelligence team...
- Leverage your commercial experience and knowledge to identify areas of strategic interest and frame approaches to tackle them
- Work with senior stakeholder to develop, track and analyse performance on strategic issues of importance
- Drive analytics for key strategic projects working with cross functional teams from across Deliveroo
- Perform ad-hoc analyses to deliver insights to the executive team and senior management
- Discover, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets to perform strategic analysis and research
- Understand key drivers of the business and provide data driven guidance on key levers
- Create new data visualizations to help the organization understand the analytic results.
- Work with teams across the organization to socialize strategic initiatives and implement projects
- A problem solver with a deeply analytical mindset
- Highly commercial with a desire to learn how world class businesses operate and set new standards for excellence
- Comfortable operating under uncertainty and tight timelines
- A self-starter, equally confident working collaboratively and autonomously
You will answer questions like:
- What is the optimum selection and variety of restaurants?
- What makes a great rider and how do we keep them delivering with us?
- What makes a happy customer?
- How do we best optimise our compensation policy to keep our customers happy and ordering with Deliveroo?
- How does a new competitor’s entry into one of our markets affect our growth ambitions?
- How can we balance the immediate impact of some marketing channels with long-term brand building activity?
- When and how should Deliveroo optimise for growth vs profitability?
- Questions. All the questions
- Strong problem solving abilities involving identifying the root cause of problems, assessing risks/impacts and determining and implementing effective solutions
- Strong presentation skills and an ability to communicate complex findings to non-technical audiences in a clear, simple way, both written and verbally
- Good command of Excel and Powerpoint or equivalents, familiarity with SQL and BI software (ideally Tableau, Looker or similar)
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively with business leaders
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Experience in strategy consulting, a logistics, e-commerce and/or other customer-obsessed businesses.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.