Deliveroo For Business – Business Development Executive
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three-sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allows us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us
Deliveroo for Business seeks to be the number one provider of food delivery to the workplace in all Deliveroo markets by enabling businesses of all sizes, along with their employees, to easily order food throughout the day and for any occasion. We work with hundreds of Hong Kong's best loved restaurants to deliver their food to homes and offices everywhere.
Our customers are as passionate about great food as we are, including an ever-growing number of large and prestigious firms.
The primary role of the Business Development Manager is to liaise between Deliveroo and our corporate customers to provide a world-class Deliveroo experience, while also engaging with new corporations and signing Deliveroo as an official supplier or partner for their office food needs.
The responsibilities of the Business Development Manager are:
- Nurturing, growing and managing the relationship between Deliveroo and the corporate customers in Hong Kong
- Assist in growing the corporate portfolio of Deliveroo by engaging corporations from a range of industries
- Liaising with Account Managers to manage all corporate account requests
- Assist in the development of systems and processes to enhance the corporate experience
- Assist with general marketing activities including events, email campaigns and corporate client offers
- Playing a role in growing our corporate business as a core vertical in Australia, including developing our corporate operations, customer service, account management and marketing capabilities
The ideal candidate has a natural commercial attitude, understands the corporate world, and is highly methodical with a strong sense of customer service.
- 2+ years of relevant sales experience, B2B preferred
- Driven and hard working individual
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Desire to progress within a fast paced start-up environment
- Degree or equivalent academic qualification
- Hong Kong market knowledge required
- Experience in the professional services industry or in a corporate environment is a plus
- Good verbal and written communication skills; strong presentation skills. Ability to communicate confidently in Cantonese and English a must.
- Proficient in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop a plus
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
- Have a real impact on the Company's growth and evolution
- Open, respectful, fun company culture
- Abundance of great online learning courses delivered by global universities
- Standard health and dental insurance coverage
- Monthly exercise subsidy
- BIG Friday lunches - Deliveroo'd to the office of course!
- Deliveroo PLUS – never pay the delivery fee when you order food!
- Mobility laterally or upwards within the company – show us you love what you do and are good at it, and we’ll notice
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start- ups around.