When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
Deliveroo has experienced tremendous growth in the past year. Our current Rider fleet is growing fast, very fast. As a Student Rider Administration you will play a key role in the Rider onboarding process and ensure that all rider applications are correctly handled. More specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Creating accounts for newly onboarded Riders
- Handling rider applications across all stages of the onboarding process
- Contacting applicants and/or existing riders to learn more about specific topics and to gather feedback
- Working closely with the Rider Acquisition team to provide feedback on the onboarding process and suggest changes that need to be made to improve the rider experience
- Using basic software tools to implement changes to the rider onboarding process
- Ensure we achieve acquisition targets and carefully analyse performance across marketing channels
- Share best practices across Supply and Ops team – to help understand & learn mistakes discoveries and changes
You will have the unique opportunity to gain experience as part of a young and ambitious operations team at the fastest growing start-up in Europe. You will be based in our office in Brussels.
- Bachelor or Master Degree student
- Full time; At least a 3-month period - Part time accepted (24 or more hours a week, to be confirmed with the student themselves)
- Fluent in English and French or Dutch (trilingual is a huge plus)
- Ability to switch quickly between multiple systems and multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to take initiative and proactively solve problems
- Have a very strong analytical mind-set, be a critical thinker and have great attention to detail
- Have excellent communication skills – articulate and comfortable with debating ideas and opinions
- Motivation to deliver high-quality work
- Background in Marketing/Analytics is a plus