Job Title: Systems Analytics
Location: Cannon Street, London
Closing Date: 2 August 2019
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
Deliveroo’s Information Systems teams are currently running numerous change projects globally to support the rapid growth of the company and we’re seeking an experienced Systems Analytics professional to support the team.
The Systems Analyst will be responsible for enabling the Information Systems Team to improve business performance and operational effectiveness and efficiency. This will require knowledge of accounting processes and must be able to successfully communicate and partner with IT Developers, Project Managers, IT Managers and all levels of the business community. They will conduct business process analyses, needs assessments, and preliminary cost/benefit analyses in an effort to align information technology solutions with business initiatives.
- Leverage your commercial experience and knowledge to identify areas of strategic interest and frame approaches to tackle them
- Work with senior stakeholder to develop, track and analyse performance on strategic issues of importance
- Drive analytics for key strategic projects working with cross functional teams from across Deliveroo
- Perform ad-hoc analyses to deliver insights to the executive team and senior management
- Discover, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets to perform strategic analysis and research
- Understand key drivers of the business and provide data driven guidance on key levers
- Create new data visualizations to help the organization understand the analytic results.
- Work with teams across the organization to socialize strategic initiatives and implement projects
- Ability to use simple SQL or other code languages scripting to perform ad hoc data analysis on extremely high volume of data records
- Provide support for month end close and post-deployment phase
- Partner closely with program management, application development, and system infrastructure teams to ensure projects are prioritized correctly and are aligned with their sponsor’s objectives
- Develop training documents and conduct training class for global accounting business processes
- Working Experience with information systems such as Salesforce, Netsuite or Workday.
- Working knowledge of SQL, or other code languages
- Experienced at solving practical problems, collecting data, establishing facts, and dealing with a variety of concrete variables
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including extensive experience meeting and presenting to senior executives
- Technical savvy and have a vision for the future
- You’re unbelievably well organised, you love details and don’t have a cluttered desk.
- You’re patient, understanding and love a challenge;
- You are proactive and full of ideas
- You have outstanding interpersonal and communication skills – excellent listening capability and an ability to deliver a message with empathy
- You’ve got strong analytical skills;
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.