Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chow mein market and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re five years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global rollouts, like Deliveroo Editions bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out of the box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free for all Friday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 200 cities.
Reporting into the Rider Fraud & Escalations Manager and joining a growing team, you are responsible for identifying, analysing & addressing potential rider behaviours which affect Restaurants, Customers and members of the public.
You'll be using rider data to identify problems, so you need to be someone who loves diving headfirst into a sheet of data, using it to tell stories and help us to not only solve, but potentially prevent rider fraud & issues arising. You will also spend time communicating with riders, to support them in resolving their most important issues. With this in mind, you'll need to be an excellent communicator and be diplomatic & empathetic in the way you handle these sensitive situations.
As part of the Rider Fraud & Escalations team, your key responsibilities will include:
- Being proactive in identifying new fraudulent rider behaviours, and presenting these with proposed solutions & processes to the team manager
- Running weekly and daily tools and data sets which check for known rider behaviour, ensuring compliance to rider policies
- Conducting detailed investigations of rider activity following reports of undesirable rider behaviour
- Providing support to riders over the phone and via email in relation to the most sensitive issues riders face (we use Zendesk so any experience is a plus!)
- Working to targets, maintaining a high and consistent level of productivity and quality
- Interacting with other departments in the business, including other teams in operations, Commercial, Customer Care, Comms, Legal, Policy and Rider Support.
- Coaching and training new team members once proficient in certain processes - this is a collaborative team and we all learn from one another
- You are confident with Excel/Google Sheets
- You are detail oriented
- You are happy working in a fast-paced environment and can easily adapt to change
- You are self-motivated and eager to learn (we look to empower you in your roles to make decisions, but you have to be willing to motivate yourself at times too).
- You are an excellent and confident communicator
- You are proficient in written and spoken English
- You are a strong team player
- You are keen to ensure that you are providing riders with world class support
- You have a university degree or equivalent experience
Nice to have
- Zendesk experience or equivalent
- Looker or similar BI software
JOB SPEC - CORE COMPETENCIES
- Inquisitive and forward-thinking - Curious, thoughtful and happy to question the status-quo. Keeps pushing for further improvements
- Adaptable Fixer - Enthusiastic, flexible & adaptable with the ability to remove barriers & bottlenecks via facilitation, creativity & resourcefulness. Don’t slavishly follow processes if they aren’t right.
LIFE AT DELIVEROO
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
BENEFITS AND DIVERSITY
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.