When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
Deliveroo has experienced tremendous growth in the past year. Our current Rider fleet is growing fast, very fast. As Operations Manager you will be responsible for helping drive this growth in the most efficient and sustainable way possible. You will report directly to the Head of Rider Supply and work alongside two Associates.
You are responsible for:
- Developing the Rider Acquisition Strategy together with the Head of Rider Supply.
- Setting up Rider Acquisition campaigns.
- Managing reactivation and lifecycle campaigns.
- Innovate and continually improve our Rider Acquisition processes.
- Maximising applicant conversion and minimizing Rider churn.
- Manage your operations via dashboards and KPI's.
- Support local teams in launching new cities.
- Project Management - take ownership of high-leverage projects and drive them forward to completion using team members to help in execution.
- French or Dutch native speaker, fluent English.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in Operations, Marketing or Consulting.
- Ideally experience in a growing a startup or similar.
- Data-driven decision making mentality and sound business judgment through analytical thinking.
- You are solutions oriented.
- Have good organization skills.
- Good project management ability.
- Analytical skills and Excel experience.
- Self-motivated and eager to learn.
- Has a real get up and go attitude.
- A full-time job with a permanent contract.
- A competitive salary.
- Dynamic working environment in a booming start-up.
- A super cool team.
- Plenty of growth opportunities.
- Office lunches on Fridays and more than enough free food from Deliveroo.
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.