We’re in the business of delivering awesome meals into everyone's home or office – fast. We achieve this by building and running a superb website, suite of mobile apps, a complex logistical platform, a fleet of passionate drivers, and a global operation, all to help bring great food from the world's best-loved local restaurants to consumers with an unparalleled level of convenience. We don’t want people to have to suffer with bad takeaway delivered an age after they order.
In this role, you’ll ensure the smooth roll out of product changes to our partners (depending on the product area - customers, riders or restaurants) and internal functions. This role is vital in supporting growth, successful product launches, improving efficiencies and helping to build stronger relationships between product and the wider business.
The role is responsible for coordinating the integration efforts across multiple parties including product teams, product marketing, comms, internal operational teams and wider business stakeholders to ensure clear visibility within each project and driving the project to successful completion.
This is a great opportunity to work with a diverse set of teams in a fast-changing environment and is integral to driving success as we grow. This position is located in London and reports into the senior product delivery manager.
What you’ll do:
- Detailed planning: The project manager will manage pre-kickoff preparations, project kickoffs, project plans including milestones and all project communications to ensure the successful adoption of the product.
- Coordination throughout the lifecycle of a project: Responsibilities include but are not limited to creating rollout plans specific to each project, establishing go-live criteria and defining the owners of each stage, issue tracking and clearing, and communicating progress to the wider business. Throughout you will need to anticipate bottlenecks, explore contingencies and provide escalation management throughout new product launch.
- Stakeholder management: This is a critical role for Deliveroo to make sure both external and internal teams are working toward the same goal and managing communication & changes as we roll out the product further. You’ll need to advocate for all stakeholders throughout the progress of the project to ensure they have the support needed to succeed
- Process optimisation: It’s essential that we learn from every launch, and get quicker and more streamlined every time. You’ll be responsible for identifying where we can improve, and making sure that we execute required changes across product and engineering, the wider business and the end consumer.
- Reporting and documentation: Track and manage project progress, project documentation and reporting, ensuring they are always up to date.
What we’re looking for:
This is an exciting role for an experienced project manager with a passion for successfully delivering large, cross-team projects. You are all about attention to detail, great stakeholder management, taking charge and reliability.
- 5+ yrs relevant experience in Project Management or Coordination
- Experience leading a team or cross functional projects
- Excellent communication, organisation and project planning skills
- Willingness to take responsibility and drive projects forward without close supervision
- Ability to hold each party responsible for their actions
- Experience working with product and engineering teams is preferred
- Technical understanding and ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated stakeholder management / relationship building skills
- Ability to run multiple projects simultaneously
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.