When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 14 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allows us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun. We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
You will be a part of the team responsible for the operational performance of the delivery network in Taiwan, encompassing reliability, availability and efficiency. You ensure that we have the right number of riders on the road in the right place at the right time. Additionally, you optimise the rider’s experience of working with Deliveroo whilst taking into consideration the customer’s delivery experience and the wider priorities of the business.
- Using analytics to improve the delivery network - identifying areas for improvement and owning innovative and data-driven solutions to increase the availability, reliability and efficiency of the network
- Matching supply and demand - using a range of measures to ensure that we have enough riders in the right place at the right time
- Actively developing strategy to ensure we are engaging the right number and type of riders across Taiwan
- Experimentation - running tests to explore creative solutions and establish the levers that exist when matching supply and demand, for example a/b testing
- Continuously identifying opportunities for improvement - identifying, prioritising, managing, and executing projects to a deadline to improve operational performance in line with business priorities
- Working with stakeholders from other departments - ensuring coordination with upcoming operational changes as well as supporting the work of those departments where possible
- Data driven - Mastering numbers and using analytical rigour to guide decisions. Mastering Excel/GSheets is just the basic
- Logical - get to the crux of an issue quickly, using sound logic and empirical evidence and without over-complication
- Strategic, yet pragmatic - is able to think big, yet also pragmatically to ensure changes are ambitious but achievable
- Track record of ‘getting things done’ - operational knowledge of the business and how it works today. Know when you have enough insight to make a call, and execute rapid and high quality decisions
- Effective communicator - outstanding interpersonal and business skills. Able to quickly establish gravitas and credibility with a range of stakeholders.
- Workload management - able to prioritise work by considering the impact and scale of the work, as well as managing time effectively to meet deadlines
- Have an opinion - know your stuff, have an opinion, be prepared to debate it, and come to the best solution for Deliveroo
- Inquisitive - infectiously curious, thoughtful and able to question the status-quo
- Experience in Python, SQL or any data visualisation tool and programming experience is a big plus
- An excellent command of written and spoken English, with style and the ability to employ the appropriate tone of voice for any situation.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.
Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- BIG Friday lunches – Deliveroo'd to the office of course!
- Free Annual Medical Examinations
- Group Insurance for your and your immediate family
- Gym Subsidy
- Phone Allowance
- Deliveroo Plus - Free delivery for all orders
- Have a real impact on the company’s growth and evolution
- Flat Hierachy
- Work with people who love what they do every day
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.