When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
Deliveroo is the fastest growing tech companies and one of Europe’s biggest tech success stories. We’re backed by US funding giants like Fidelity, Index Ventures and T Rowe Price, who have previously bet on the likes of Amazon, Facebook, Airbnb, Snap and Tesla.
As a Sales Development Rep in our newly formed remote sales team, you’ll be on the frontline of driving double digit growth in the market.
You’ll help hunt down the most popular local restaurants, seek to understand their business, and use your ninja phone negotiation skills to convince them why they need to join us in our mission to change the landscape of the food industry.
40% of S&P 500 CEOs come from sales and marketing backgrounds. For the right candidate, this position has strong opportunity for progression within the company and will jump-start a successful career within the tech space.
Whilst we've grown enormously over the past 4 years, we’ve still got a move-fast, take ownership mentality. As part of a newly formed team, you’ll have a chance to shape the sales execution of 2-billion-dollar company.
- Restaurant acquisition: You’ll be responsible for the prospecting, pitching and, with the help of our expert Business Development Managers (BDMs), closing new restaurants in your territory. This is an inside sales opportunity, so you’ll be comfortable with ambitious activity targets for cold calls, emails and social media.
- Own your pipeline: Take control over your own pipeline and use your organisation skills to manage your portfolio of leads and ensure strong conversion rates.
- Process Strategy: Iterate with our sales processes to make our inside sales unit the fastest-moving and biggest impact team within Deliveroo.
- Commercial Initiatives: Assist our wider commercial team with ad-hoc strategic initiatives like field pitch days, restaurant marketing roll-outs, and cross-functional projects
The right candidate will be hungry, ambitious and motivated to work within a fast moving environment. As a guide, the ideal person will possess the following:
(Remember, this is just a guide, and if you see something you can’t tick off… good, you can learn here)
- A degree (this is a great role for recent grads with an entrepreneurial mindset)
- Experience within a fast moving sales environment, and if not;
- Experience and confidence pitching things you’re passionate about (in your first week, we’ll test your metal by seeing how you fare pitching Deliveroo to the guys that started it)
- You have to be Bilingual in French and English
- Phone-based experience is a big plus
- Ability to take ownership and work within demanding targets
- An interest in all things food and restaurants. Deliveroo is a company of people unapologetically passionate about what they do – if you’re not into food, you soon will be.
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wa