When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 14 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
You will be leading Deliveroo Belgium’s Account Management team. You will be ensuring we are cultivating our existing relationships with and helping them increase their online sales. You will be joining one of the fastest growing start-ups globally, surrounded by a top-notch team of enthusiastic self-starters that are passionate about delivering a fantastic service and contributing to the exciting journey that Deliveroo is on.
This role requires a commercial driven and outgoing individual that can build solid relationships with all types of personalities in the F&B industry. It will also require the person to be able to lead, develop, mentor and coach a large team. Ultimately, this person is responsible for maintaining and expanding our market leadership and solidify our restaurant relationships.
More specifically you will:
- Define and lead our Account Management strategy in Belgium
- Facilitate and lead meetings with high profile F&B groups
- Represent Deliveroo in F&B industry events
- Own relationships with key restaurant industry stakeholders, with a focus on building relationships and increasing profitability
- Build up Deliveroo’s image and reputation as an established and valued leader of the Belgian F&B industry
- Managing a large portfolio of restaurants, driving restaurant performance through data analysis and industry knowledge to maximise order volume and growth potential
- Coordinate with cross-functional departments to engage support for activities aimed to drive business growth and ensure operational efficiency (Marketing, Operations, Customer Service, Corporate)
- Manage a team of 7-9 account managers
- Motivate the team to meet aggressive targets
- Adhere to internal processes to streamline administrative support
- Being the face of Deliveroo to the restaurant industry
For this role you need to be tenacious, sophisticated and have the following skill set:
- You’ll be a self starter, capable of driving yourself to your teams targets.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Track record of business development success - You must be commercially minded and results oriented
- History of exceeding commercial targets
- Strong knowledge of the restaurant industry is a plus
- Experience in a high-growth business environment or start-up a plus
- You must be outgoing and a strong communicator whether face to face, through phone or email
- Excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrate experience using Microsoft Office tools and related project/program management applications to drive best practice
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.