When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
We’re looking for a great Consumer Insights Analyst to ensure the voice of the consumer is represented and influencing all of our marketing actions.
The Deliveroo Strategy and Insights team is looking for a Consumer Insights Analyst with a focus on quantitative methods. This position will be focused on representing the voice of the consumer through quantitative tools, including consumer research (e.g. brand tracking, ad-hoc research) as well as analytics based on internal sources of data (e.g. NPS, post-purchase surveys).
The Consumer Insights Analyst will be have a global role, working across all markets Deliveroo is active in. They will be responsible for delivering high quality insights (through a mix of managing external agencies as well as doing some work first-hand) and for supporting the impactful delivery of the work to internal stakeholders.
This role is ideal for a creative, intellectually curious Analyst that enjoys both delivering work that truly impacts business decisions as well as thinking of new solutions that deliver superior insights. This role also represents a great opportunity for agency-side Analysts wanting to move client-side.
The Consumer Insights Analyst will report into and work in a close partnership with a quant-focused Insights Manager.
- Support the Insights Manager in the delivery of a large scale brand tracking program covering 14 countries
- Manage the day to day relationship with external research agencies, ensuring the delivery of high quality work
- Manage the delivery of all satisfaction insights across consumer, rider & restaurant - including post-purchase surveys and a variety of quantitative tools (data dashboards, text analytics)
- Take the lead in scoping, briefing, commissioning and debriefing ad-hoc pieces of consumer research, under the supervision of the Insights Manager
- Provide consultancy to local marketing teams to run simple pieces of consumer research through self-service tools
- Build and develop in-depth knowledge of the delivery category across different markets, helping the Insights team to develop fact-based hypothesis and further their understanding of consumer and market dynamics
- Collaborate with the wider Insights team to identify and proactively suggest innovative ways to make the most of the data we have access to
- Min 3 years experience in consumer research or insights
- Ideally experience across both agency and client-side roles, but will consider applicants from either background
- Demonstrable expertise with quantitative methods (including advanced analytics and statistical models)
- Pragmatic, flexible and able to work in a fast-moving environment
- Able to think strategically, identifying the “so what” in the data and communicating it impactfully
- Good oral, written, and presentation skills
- Demonstrable ability to identify and clarify underlying business questions and to creatively design and deliver appropriate consumer research solutions
- Hands-on experience in all phases of ad-hoc research (questionnaire writing, sample definition, analysis) is a must-have
- Experience across both ad-hoc and continuous research is an advantage
- Curious, creative and interested in experimenting with / inventing innovative ways to generate insights
- Collaborative and able to support the insights/market research asks of colleagues that don’t have an insights background
- An interest in insights methods beyond quant (e.g. qual, ethnography, social media listening, cultural insights) is beneficial
- Experience creating relationships and working with colleagues located all over the world is a plus
- SQL experience ideal but not necessary
- Start-up experience ideal but not necessary
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.