When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
About the Role
At Deliveroo, our riders are the lifeblood of the company. As the demand for great food increases, so does the need for riders, making our Rider Proposition even more important as time goes on.
The Global Rider Partnership teams’ objective is to work with 3rd parties to add quantifiable value to the Rider Proposition by providing “perks” which make it cheaper for riders to do their job, easier for riders to manage their lives as self-employed contractors, and those which upskill to the fleet to aid entry into higher paid or more skilled forms of work, should they choose to.
As Rider Partnerships Manager, France you will report into the Global Head of Rider Partnerships and lead the identification and execution of all rider partnerships in France. You’ll know what makes the riders in our second biggest global market tick, and you’ll share your learnings to help shape the global rider partnerships strategy.
What you’ll do:
- Identify, plan, negotiate and execute all rider partnerships end-to-end in France, including sourcing new national & local, strategic & tactical partnerships
- Use rider insights, research and other data driven strategies to develop a sound understanding of the rider fleet in France, and mix with gut instinct, to identify and proactively approach partners who can add value to the market’s rider proposition
- Optimise existing partnership relationships, including relationship building, innovating on tried-and-tested methods and analysing results to ensure what we’re delivering is truly exclusive and best-in-market
- Devise strategies to drive adoption of partnerships to deliver results against rider redemptions, savings, lifecyle and behaviour targets. You’ll ensure your partnerships are measurable and in-line with the reporting process for global partnerships – including metrics, dashboards, benchmarking etc. You’ll be expected to track and improve performance (e.g. A/B testing) of partnership communications.
- Day-to-day point of contact for our 3rd party perks platform in France, WePulse. You will be responsible for ensuring the platform is kept up to date, and that our riders are engaging with it more than ever before
- Collaborate closely with leaders within the French Operations Team and in the Global Partnerships Team, identifying efficiencies and ensuring any market-specific trends or challenges in France are solved for through local relationships or central influence
You’ll need the following skills:
- Fluent in spoken and written French and English
- Willing to travel regularly between HQ in London’s Cannon Street and the local office in central Paris
- 5+ years’ experience running successful insight-led partnership campaigns with demonstrable results & ROI; agency or client side
- Sharp instincts for the right opportunities. You will need to know how to navigate through the noise to find and select partners that are strategically and commercially valuable in the long term for both the partnerships team and business as a whole
- Strong negotiator and executor. You’ll need to onboard partners, find optimal partnership structures and get deals done; you’re managing the end-to-end process and can’t be afraid to get your hands dirty
- Exceptional organisation. You'll need to be skilled at planning, organising, prioritising and executing simultaneous projects and activities at once. You can prioritise high impact activities and keep complicated projects moving forward in France, and in some cases across multiple markets
- Exemplary relationship management. You need great communication skills with a passion for building strong relationships across different teams, with a mix of internal and external stakeholders is essential to this role
- Superb attention to detail. As a global team, we are really leading the charge on best practice, and having efficient and effective ways to track, measure and report on partnership activity is crucial; especially considering France is our second largest market by a long way
- You’ve got to have a self-starter attitude and be comfortable with constant change, and being managed remotely. You enjoy taking bold bets, working in a fast-paced environment and challenging the status quo if it means progress
- Work between our amazing new Paris office and our London headquarters right by Cannon Street Station.
- Flexible working, including flexible hours, working from home days - all made easy by our great use of tech including video conferencing, slack, workplace
- An internationally diverse, sociable, dynamic team to work alongside
- Company benefits including: healthcare with employer contributions, cycle to work scheme, cycle parking, free learning and development courses via Coursera
- Company-wide talks with internal and external speakers, covering tech, finance, marketing trends etc.
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- Every 1st Friday of each month, we order lunch for everyone from restaurants on the Deliveroo platform
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-ups around.