When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
A global business based in London is going through a systems change project and is seeking an experienced project manager to manage cross systems NetSuite ERP projects over multiple systems.
Responsibilities: The Project Manager will primarily be responsible for managing the delivery of NetSuite’s projects as the customer project manager. You will manage the projects under the guidance of NetSuite’s One Methodology, according to the agreed upon scope, time and budget – all while ensuring the highest degree of satisfaction.
The Project Manager is a key player in managing, tracking and communicating the progress of projects, and in ensuring the quality delivery of NetSuite’s projects. From Initiation through to completion, the Project Manager will be responsible for planning specific engagements, managing the business requirements development, review and signoff process, managing the execution of deliverables while controlling scope, executing the change management process when needed, and ensuring timely resolution of discrepancies and project roadblocks. The Project Manager will manage multiple concurrent projects and will work with a number of resources within a matrix environment. From initiation through to completion, the Project Manager will be responsible for the construction, presentation and signoffs of key deliverables such as Project Kickoffs, Project Plans, Change Orders, regular Status and Risk reports. He/she will also facilitate planning sessions at various stages of the project lifecycle. Critical to the success of this role will be the setting and management of expectations, in regards to project scope, stakeholder roles and responsibilities, timelines, escalation and change management processes, communication and risk management plans.
- Provide pre-sales support
- Responsibilities: Plan, manage and communicate the progress of the project, achieving project milestones and maintaining the momentum of the project Facilitate resolution of issues and roadblocks
- Bachelors’ degree preferably in Management Information Systems, Accounting, or Business
- At least 4 - 6 years of experience in systems applications consulting, either internally via an IT organization or with a consulting firm or software provider.
- A Strong background in Project Management, including experience developing work-breakdown structures and project plans, most notably in Microsoft Project.
- An excellent understanding of common industry standard business practices as related to Accounting (Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Invoicing), Sales Force Management (Opportunity, Proposal, Sales Orders, Forecasting, territory management and Quotas), Inventory Management (Purchasing and Fulfillment) as well as support (Cases Management and Territory Management).
- Excellent client management skills and the ability to work with customers to develop and manage an implementation plan.
- Manufacturing and/or e-Commerce experience is desired, but not required.
- Demonstrated experience in translating customer business requirements into workable world class software solution.
- Experience with software in an ASP/SaaS environment is a plus as is any experience with financial accounting, customer management, and sales force automation software.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Actively owning and maintaining the projects by liaising with all key stakeholders. Ensuring that all projects follow agreed standards, including governance and reporting.
- Providing admin project support for large projects, reporting into the project manager and working directly on projects as needed.
- Improve the system, recommending changes to improve project management processes Creating and maintaining all document templates – ensuring they are continually reviewed for improvements. Conducting or contributing to post implementation reviews and identifying any lessons learned. Contributing to the continuous improvement of the project management processes, standards and governance in use on all projects. Administrate the project toolset including GoogleDrive and Trello Providing both structured and ad hoc reporting as required.
- You’re unbelievably well organised and you love details
- You’re patient, understanding and love a challenge;
- You are proactive and full of ideas; You have outstanding interpersonal and communication skills – excellent listening capability and an ability to deliver a message with empathy
- You’ve got strong analytical skills; Technical Skills / Qualifications ITIL / Prince2 / PMP - advantage
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.