When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
We’re looking for a great Restaurant Insight Manager to deliver actionable robust detailed data that shapes our relationships with restaurants and informs the development of our proposition to our most important partners. Reporting to the Head of Customer Insights at Deliveroo.
- Own all research methods (either via a third-party or in-sourced), to inform our restaurant proposition development and marketing. Ensuring the insight delivered will enable us to win with existing & future restaurants in every neighbourhood we operate in globally
- Tell awesome insightful stories with actionable robust detailed restaurant data and manage the raw intelligence to respond to business priorities/requests strategically and efficiently
- Measure restaurant partner satisfaction, understand its key drivers, how it compares to competitors, and how teams can effectively action it
- Partner with the Commercial & Account Management teams to deliver fast yet robust data that ensures the right people have the right information to optimise our proposition, products and marketing for restaurants all over the world
- Work with cross-functional analytics teams to integrate the voice of our restaurants into business reporting, and to make accessing this intelligence as easy & self-service as possible across the org
- Map a detailed & nuanced understanding of our existing & future restaurants (QSRs, Chains and Independents) - including brand consideration, the barriers to partnering, their need states etc
- Drive and design the implementation of new quantitative projects to represent our restaurant partners internally. This should include championing new approaches and blending methodologies, as well as partnering with our User Researchers
- An insatiable curiosity to discover the ‘why’ behind any given behaviour
- Preference for starting with strong hypotheses that you are willing to change over the course of your research
- Rigorous appreciation for and understanding of data science coupled with an ability to execute complex models, frameworks or datasets
- Significant data analytics experience to manipulate both internal and external data sources against strategic business/commercial needs
- Develop and communicate a rounded picture of our restaurants using multiple sources, with a sense of the relative strengths and weaknesses of each source (e.g. brand tracking, data analytics, surveys)
- Integrating research data with other sources to bolster results credibility, whilst always acting as a guide through the data as well as the owner of it
- Minimum 5 years at a leading market research agency (strong data processing and analysis experience)
- Academic excellence in a statistically heavy field, ideally beyond a BSc
- Start-up experience or restaurant industry experience ideal but not necessary
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.