When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 6 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 6 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
As the Head of Rider Growth Manager, you will have the unique opportunity to build and lead a team that is focused on raising the bar on how we manage rider growth. You will own the delivery of our rider growth strategy across the entire lifecycle - from understanding who our riders are and use this knowledge to maximise our rider satisfaction and retention. We are looking for a true all-star, who is able to set strategy, structure and manage a team but also get into the details to identify future opportunities. You will be skilled at navigating a matrixed organization and be able to achieve alignment across multiple stakeholders (product, marketing, local operations teams and business intelligence) to drive toward a common objective.
Team Outputs: The rider growth team, will be responsible for delivering on the following outputs:
- Understanding who our riders are and what they care about; what are their pain points and what delights them
- Developing a process of collecting rider feedback, understanding drivers of delight and dissatisfaction and identifying improvements which can be scaled globally
- Understand the rider behaviours that drive efficiency in our fleet and overall delivery performance
- Defining and executing our rider acquisition and CRM strategy
- Defining our rider value proposition and then ensuring we are delivering against this
- Defining our rider engagement and content strategy including managing the channels through which we communicate to riders
- Supporting the budgeting plan creation and manage spend on rider marketing / CRM initiatives
- Deep dive into data to uncover key business insights and opportunities for improvement
- Strategic Thinking: be able to develop a vision for rider growth and get the buy-in from partner teams on executing against this vision
- Team Development: we are looking for a strong leader who can set direction and help prioritize work in a fast moving and ambiguous environment. You will be able to manage and mentor your team and invest heavily in their development and progression
- Cross-Functional Stakeholder Management: You will need excellent collaboration and communication skills - building deep, trust based relationships with local markets and global teams across several functions.
- Project management: You will need to coordinate and lead projects cross-functionally and have the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to deep-dive to drive insights: Experience with quantitative data analysis and identifying actionable insights
- Experience from top-tier consultancy or tech firm and growth marketing experience
- 7+ years of relevant professional experience
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint/Google Slides