Our mission at Deliveroo is to change the way the world thinks about food delivery - it’s not a chow mein market and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date. We’re five years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global rollouts, like Deliveroo Editions bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out-of-the box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast‑paced and blow off steam with free for all Friday lunches. It’s a formula that’s working too - we’re bringing great food to customers in 14 markets and over 500 towns and cities.
You will play a fundamental role within our APAC team: ensuring everything is organised, well-managed and the continuously-changing-day runs smoothly and without a hitch! We need a self-starting Team Assistant who is confident, articulate and professional.
As our team grows, maintaining and nurturing our culture and keeping everything running smoothly is no small task. That’s why we’re looking for a passionate, highly organised and detail focused Assistant to join our team.
Does this sound like you? Are you getting excited? Read on….
* Provide administrative support to the Country Manager and work with them to ensure they are organised at all times - helping them manage busy and ever-changing calendars (from meeting requests to scheduling interviews, arranging conference calls and so on)
* Arranging travel -.This will include booking travel, accommodation and possible visa arrangements.
* General help managing documentation, creating presentations, claiming expenses, proof-reading, budgeting and raising POs
* Run team operations ‑ you’ll be responsible for everything from planning team meetings and offsites through to creating an amazing first‑day experience for new team members and ensuring there are continual learning opportunities and budget allocation
* Adhoc support for other Directors within the team/region/office - there may be occasional room bookings, travel, offsites etc to be arranged for the Director of Sales, Customer Care and Strategy
* Come up with exciting and creative ways to celebrate events and moments important to the team culture and people - this may mean assisting in organising team social events, quarterly team outings, celebrations for birthdays, work anniversaries and other special occasions
* Working closely with the other stakeholders (Facilities, People and Administrative teams) in our business to ensure nothing falls through the cracks
* Generally be friendly and have a love of being helpful - we are a fast-growth / short-timeline business and still need everyone to “muck in” when needed (however big or small the task!)
Qualifications / Skills / Competencies
* 1-2 years of administrative assistant experience
* At least 7 GCSEs (including English and Maths)
* Previous experience in an Administrative role
* Superb written and verbal communication skills (must have the ability to communicate succinctly and eloquently)
* Tech savvy - proficient in Google for Business and Microsoft products (GMail, Google Docs, Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc), Slack and Workplace
* Passion and interest in tech or food would be great
* Experience in fast-paced environments
* Appreciation of the objectives, activities and strategy of the company
* Access to Roowards - our own rewards programme (pension, health insurance, travel insurance, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme, discounts on purchasing tech goods amongst others)
* The opportunity to join a rapidly growing company and have a real impact
* A vibrant and fun environment working with people who love what they do every day and go above and beyond at every step: we are creating something really exciting here!
* Free lunch for the whole team every Friday, direct from our restaurants - not only incredibly tasty, but also a great way to test our service!
* Access to Deliveroo Plus - free delivery on all Deliveroo orders and access to restaurant deals and offers!
* An discounted local gym memberships (to combat the effects of the above!)
* Team events (offsites, games nights and fitness classes)
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-ups around.