When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 6 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 6 years and we operate in 14 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
The recruitment team has played a huge part in Deliveroo’s story so far and is key to the company’s future success. We're responsible for supporting the business globally by owning the recruitment process of key hires and constantly improving our assessment approach. We're a team consisting of about 28 people, spread across the UK, Europe and APAC, whilst you'll be the first Recruitment Co-ordinator based outside the UK, you will help shape the function in the APAC market.
This role will be working with the Business organisation which has ambitious growth plans in 2019, we’re aiming for our third consecutive year of doubling the team. You’ll be working closely with candidates, the recruitment team and hiring teams to support the recruitment process. Your main responsibilities will include scheduling interviews, generating contracts for new starters, organising travel as well as tracking interviewer load, interviewer on-boarding, managing recruitment agencies, arranging debriefs and managing our applicant tracking system.
- At least 1 year of interview scheduling and coordination experience.
- Ideally, you’ll have worked in a Recruitment Coordination capacity in a high volume recruitment environment, scheduling multiple interviews and loops for candidates.
- A track record of being proactive enough to look beyond the day to day activity and suggest/ implement process improvements both in the recruitment team and the hiring process.
- Experience of running projects that will benefit the recruitment process and candidate experience.
- Ability to prioritise across multiple tasks with a focus on time and expectation management and to take a self-starting approach to your day
- Strong communication skills as you’ll be working closely with our candidates to give them a great experience and to create a seamless recruitment process for our hiring managers/interviewers
- Remarkable attention to detail with a desire to complete tasks and follow up to make sure everything runs smoothly
- There's so much to do and we want someone who is committed to growing their own career, taking responsibility for their own development in the role and finding new projects or processes that will help our company scale.
- Experience of using an applicant tracking system is essential, we use Greenhouse, but any ATS will be helpful.
- Fluency in English is required and proficiency in Mandarin or Cantonese is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
Life at Deliveroo
We are a small team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.