When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
We’re looking for a Marketing Associate to support in 2 key areas: launching new restaurants and partners onto the Deliveroo platform with innovative and commercially driven 360 marketing campaigns; and launching and managing new marketing initiatives across promotions and loyalty.
To do this successfully, the candidate will work collaboratively with new restaurant partners, commercial teams and with the channel and insight team within our marketing org. The candidate will have a solid working knowledge of all channels in the marketing mix, be commercially led, and have strong strategic thinking skills.
Supporting the Senior Manager, Restaurant Marketing & Promotions (UK), this role will be responsible for driving awareness, engagement and uptake of new restaurant partners, and helping ideate and deliver new initiatives across promotions and loyalty to drive incremental orders for Deliveroo.
- Launching New Restaurants: Creating, executing and measuring success of launch plans for new restaurants and partners on the platform. These will be insight-led, 360 campaigns - bespoke for every new partner. Be the point person for Commercial teams and restaurant, and become the subject expert in how to do this best.
- Loyalty Propositions: Work with Product team to develop new propositions and promotions for our ‘Plus’ subscription customers, to help us meet business objectives. Manage these campaigns from planning through to execution and measurement, and take a test and learn approach to quickly iterate and build up a bank of learnings.
- Deliveroo-Led promotions: Lead ideation, campaign management and measurement of centrally-led promotions. Work closely with Product, Insights and Creative teams internally, and our media agency to plan and execute these.
- 3+ years experience marketing or agency experience running successful insight led marketing campaigns. You will have experience of executing 360 marketing campaigns across ATL and BTL channels, and strong project management skills.
- Detail oriented executor. You're skilled at planning, organising, prioritising and executing simultaneous projects and activities at once. You can prioritise high impact activities and keep complicated projects moving forward.
- A self-starter attitude that’s comfortable with constant change and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven track record in making things happen - delivering results quickly and efficiently.
- A creative problem solver who can think things through analytically.
- A proactive, can-do attitude, full of great ideas and able to get stuff done autonomously.
- Great communication skills with a passion for building strong relationships, with proven experience to manage agencies & in-house teams - both in person & remotely.
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.