When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
The HR Associate will be supporting the Head of People and wider business in day to day administration support and guidance on HR related matters. You will be the go to person for the business when it comes to systems ensuring that our records are up to date at all times. The role will never be the same day to day and there will always be different initiatives to be working on across the business. The role will be perfect for someone who is looking to learn different skills across a number of different areas within the HR function and who is excited about People, Employee Engagement and having a lot of fun!
You will love administration, be solution focused and have a willingness to get in and get stuff done!
Responsibilities but not limited to
- Manage and maintain our HR systems ensuring we have accurate information at our fingertips.
- Assist with multi-state payroll and time tracking on a bi-weekly basis.
- Employee onboarding and offboarding
- Provide HR administration support and advice to employees and line managers, explaining policies and procedures in a timely and effective manner
- Assist with phone screenings and reference checks where required
- Support the Head of People in all workforce development and training initiatives
- Prepare and submit presentations and reporting as required
- Assist with mitigating employee relation issues while adhering to company policies and local laws
- Assist in managing and enabling our Social Impact Team and Joy Division
- Covering office manager responsibilities in their absence
- Reviewing processes and implementing changes - always challenging the status quo to provide a world class people function
- Adhoc cross department projects & initiatives
As an ideal candidate, you’ll have an eye for detail, a knack for problem solving and a willingness to learn.
This would be a great role for a recent grad or someone early in their HR career!
- 1 - 2 years experience in a similar position, preferably in a fast paced changing environment
- Driven, hard working and proactive individual
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Ability to maintain employee confidentiality
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in performing all essential duties
- Ability to work in a fast paced, self-starter work environment and able to meet deadlines
- Interested in food, restaurants and tech start-ups
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with payroll preferred but not essential
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and continuously changing priorities
- Perseverance and grit – you’re a hustler and you’re not afraid
- Competitiveness – you’ll be working within a highly efficient team who like to win (as individuals and together)
- Curiosity – you’re a lifelong learner who is always striving to be outside of your comfort zone and test new ideas
- Top notch people skills – you have bags of emotional intelligence which can be used to win round even the toughest of accounts
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- BIG Friday lunches – Deliveroo'd to the office of course!
- Weekly Exercise class to counteract all the amazing food!
- Have a real impact on the company’s growth and evolution
- Work with people who love what they do every day
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.